My first hour of Skyrim, so many bugs!

Associate
Hey guys, a little late getting into Skyrim and I know that the Elder Scroll games tend to be a little rough but Skyrim seems to be on another level. Right from the very start my cart was bouncing and flying all over the place and would come to a stand still and I had to restart numerous times. After only getting out of the tutorial I've seen flying horses, Deer climbing trees and when I walk up or down a hill I get a lot of flickering.

Is this normal?

I was thinking that the High Res pack might have been 'causing it but it's the official Bethesda one and I wouldn't think they'd release something that could 'cause so many problems.

Associate
OP
Using a 670 and no other mods. I tried verify integrity of game cache in steam and each time it says 1 file failed and is required but doesn't recover that file.

Last edited:
Soldato
An amusing Skyrim bug that happened for me and I never found a fix for was animals being spontaneously launched into the air, about 200 feet up, hovering for a few seconds, then plumeting to an horific death on the ground below. This was particularly hilarous as you approached the villages like Riverwood as more often than not the entire chicken population would decide to end their lives in this way as you approach the settlement, with a comedy "BKWARK!" as they hit the ground. Even had one of the cows do it once.

Soldato
I have the odd mammoth falling from the sky (seen it 3 times in ~300 hours) but my game is HEAVILY modded. Sounds like a weird glitch. PC OC'd much?

Soldato
I need to get back into this game!
Despite putting in hundreds of hours into my present save, I decided to try a new game a few days ago...just to see what my 'custom races' *cough* were like. I do run a heavily modded skyrim like most of us.

Bugger me that cart was all over the damn place. It took me a solid 20mins to actually get to the point where I could customise my character. Alduin arrived but wouldn't land - the game was a total mess. I then decided against trying a new char :D

Back
Top Bottom