My first mechanical keyboard.....

Associate
Hello....

As per the title, I am looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard and would like a little advise/user opinions please.
I've short listed my choice down to 2 keyboards from 2 different brands, Corsair and Logitec. The keyboards are the Corsair K70 RGB cherry Brown and the Logitec G910.

Now I'm already running the logitec gaming software for my mouse, the logitec proteus core, so the logitec keyboard would be easier for software installation, but then Software installation isn't really an issue. The corsair has better ratings and seems to be more programable, along with some mental lighting affects!

I'm not a hardcore gamer so I don't need a cherry red keyboard, I'm more of an enthusiast, I do play almost every evening after work and whenever I can at weekends. I'm currently playing Witcher 3 (a lot!) and play games like ESO, BF4 ect.

So if you can give any advise and or any user experiences with each of the keyboards it would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Go........!!

Soldato
What do you actually want and need from a mech keyboard?

Do you need lighting? If not I suggest you get a mech without it, it's just another thing to go wrong.

Do you need media/additional function keys/macro keys? If not, just something else to go wrong.

I'm using a Filco MajesTouch II with Cherry Browns. It weighs a tonne, is built like a tank and is still like new after years of abuse with no signs of wear and tear.

Do your research, some so called mech boards from some brands/some models only have partial mech switches and the lesser used keys do not. That's a huge con if you ask me!

Associate
Still love my Ducky Shine III (blue switches) but I switch between my Gigabyte Aivia Osmium (red switches). Although the blue switches might be quite annoying during midnight.

Both of them are super solid. Gigabyte Aivia Osmium is quite big for my small desk, but this isn't the problem as I use little spot for my mouse. However, I would recommend Ducky Shine in my opinion because I really like the layout and how solid they are, a key cap has been wore off once, ask for a replacement, and the support team sent me a free one in 2 days. Super happy owning one of their product.

Last edited:
Soldato
The corsair k70 is a mostly lovely kb but judging from forumns it is very prone to various failures and software issues. If i could choose again i would probably not get the k70 rgb and instead get the newest ducky.

Associate
This might be totally irrelevant to your needs but it might be worth noting that the corsair doesn't have a standard key layout on the bottom row. Which can cause you problems if you ever wanted to change your key caps.

Associate
No experience with either board, but, i'd recommend trying out some switches before you make a purchase to ensure you're going to like typing on it. I have two boards, a Ducky with browns and a Keycool 84 with blacks and o-rings.

Unless you're looking to utilise macros there is no need for any software, neither of my boards require any.

Honestly out of those two i'd lean towards the Corsair, but i wouldn't choose to buy either. Look at Ducky, Filco and even the CM Storm boards as they're rated as a good intro to mechs due to build quality and cost.

Back
Top Bottom