my first pictures

Soldato
hello all.

went out tonight with a friend and my new camera, only a Fuji S6500 but heard good things about it and got it for mega cheap.
really interested in getting more involved with photography so if any one can recomend a good dslr for Beginner that would be great.

any ways heres some shots i took, totaly new to this so tell me if there rubbish and give me tips. not done any thing to them, straight from the camera.

picture004ih6.jpg

picture008ow9.jpg

picture019hn5.jpg

picture022nb7.jpg

picture032pe3.jpg

picture048my2.jpg

picture058xi6.jpg

last one i was just messing around, like the transparent ghosty effect, duno how i did it mind.

picture075ib5.jpg

Associate
Hi famas. Are you local? I live in Worthing too :) I like the first one, nice colours and just funny :) N2,4,5 can be improoved by better composition I think. N6 needs more time for longer light trails :)

Soldato
OP
Hi famas. Are you local? I live in Worthing too :) I like the first one, nice colours and just funny :) N2,4,5 can be improoved by better composition I think. N6 needs more time for longer light trails :)

Hello, yeah im local to the joy that is worthing.

thanks for the comments, i got lucky it was such a beautiful sunset.

what do you mean by compostion, sorry seriously i know nothing?

i tried longer exposure times on the road shots but most of them came out over explosed i think, like the one below???

picture041wm0.jpg

this was taken with a 30 second exposure i think. thats the most my camera can do. looks crap tho.

on a side note i want to take some pictures of stars, but all my efforts just leave me with blank black shots. has any one got any advice on taking pictures of stars for me.

many thanks

Soldato
on a side note i want to take some pictures of stars, but all my efforts just leave me with blank black shots. has any one got any advice on taking pictures of stars for me.

You'll need a tripod, a remote shutter release and an exposure of several minutes.

Soldato
OP
hmmm i feel a new camera coming on. 30 secs is my limit.

i can tick the box of tripod, whats a remote shutter release?

at a guess its a switch thats separate from the camera so as not to move the camera at all when taking the picture? if so could i just not use the self timer feature on the camera? meaning i wouldn't be touching the camera at all when taking the shot?

thanks.

Associate
I wouldn't be so down on yourself famas - I actually really like that blue/yellow light trails one, and love number 5 from the top. Hope you don't mind me just just cropping and colouring it a wee bit...

yellowblueroad.jpg

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't be so down on yourself famas - I actually really like that blue/yellow light trails one, and love number 5 from the top. Hope you don't mind me just just cropping and colouring it a wee bit...

dont mind at all mate, wish i had the knowledge and softwear to do it myself.

cheers for all the comments guys, dont be afraid to criticise tho, it all helps with the learning.

i was looking at the nikon d40 as a starter but im not sure if i should wait and get something better with more control, i've heard the d40 can be a bit limited.
A friend who i work with has a D80 which he says is amazing, only wish i could afford one.

Back
Top Bottom