my first watercooled build i7 4ghz

Associate
cheers rick, and how much water did u put in the whole system? i.e. should the hoses AND res be full of water when idle??

also, when i have the pump off and the res cap on the water remains low in the res, but when i loosen the res cap the water rises, does this mean air is in the res?

Caporegime
Great water cooling setup this is the sort of thing I'm aiming to do.

Is there name for that pump mounting bracket or was it a DIY job?

EDIT: also, wouldn't it be better to have the radiator fans blowing upwards and out of the top?

Last edited:
Associate
Rick --

So, how's your rig doing after 4 months of use? Still glad you did the WC setup? Everything still working as expected?

I've never done water cooling before, but am thinking about trying it out. Your setup sounds similar to what I've been looking at -- HAF, i7, and video card -- so I might steal some ideas from you. :)

What did you use to mount the pump on the bottom? Looks like a bracket of some sort, but where'd you get it? And how does the pump attach to it?

I might have some other questions once I decide to go forward with this project in late Dec/early Jan -- right now, juts gathering as much info as I can. :) Your setup looks awesome!

Associate
Hey rick, what size screws did u use to attach the fans to the rad? im having difficulity finding the right sizing.... and where did u get your stand for the pump/res from??

Soldato
Which rad are you using manisinghb?

Most rads use M3 threaded screws, however, Thermochill uses self tapping screws, and I'm unsure what size they are, and XSPC rads uses M4 screws.

If you're using fans with closed corners then you will need the screws to be 30mm long.

I'm using M3 x 5mm for my rad fans.

Associate
Which rad are you using manisinghb?

Most rads use M3 threaded screws, however, Thermochill uses self tapping screws, and I'm unsure what size they are, and XSPC rads uses M4 screws.

If you're using fans with closed corners then you will need the screws to be 30mm long.

I'm using M3 x 5mm for my rad fans.

ive got the thermochill 120.3 the supplied self tapping screws dont fit my rad & fans. i got the yate loon fans (25mm depth). do u know the thread size?

Associate
The supplied screws should work just fine, hence the reason they were supplied with the rad!!!

they actually dont fit, they dont even go through the fans!!! the supplied screws are 10mm the depth of the fan is 25mm, like u mentioned earlier i need 30mm screws but i cant find the correct thread

Back
Top Bottom