My Galaxy S2 broken? (with photo's now)

Soldato
Was 150 yds from OCUK - now 0.5 mile; they moved
Hey guys

My Galaxy S2 which was sim free (factory unlocked) has developed a fault.

Basically my battery run out of charge yesterday and I got home and put it on charge, I turned the phone on once fully charged but it didn't register my sim being in.

I have turned my phone of/on about 10 times now.

I have done a factory reset on the handset and it is still not reading my sim.

The strange thing is that when enter *#06# the IMEI number is not in the box, it is just blank? ?

I have tried another sim in my phone and it doesnt pick up any other sims either!

Any idea what is wrong with my phone. The strange thing is that when I tried to restart my phone one of the many times yesterday the phone kept coming up with an error similiar to this

images

It just keep re-opening everytime I pressed the close button on screen.

I rebooted and it kept doing it, then after about 3 resets it seemed to dissapear, but the phone is still not picking up my sim card.

Any ideas what is wrong with my phone.

Moisture in an exposed port LMAO. I would phone Samsung and complain about the company.

Hopefully you removed all your personal data before you sent the phone in right (like pictures, email accounts etc etc.)

I have complained to Samsung, they are backing the repair company too.

It's a joke. I'm even willing to pay a smaller fee to just repair the EFS corruption and have no warranty going forwards but they "cannot" do this. But I'm not willing to pay £55 for a external port issue which COULD NOT have caused the corruption - the service centre even confirmed that the corruption was not caused by the moisture.

The thing is I have always praised Samsung and their phones. I have been seriously excited about getting the new G-S3. But with issues like this, I'm at a loss.

I don't want to pay £55 for bringing the phone "back into warranty" for them to them repair the issue I sent the phone in for for "free" - which was not even caused by the USB port anyway. I'm due a new phone upgrade on my contract in 4-5 months anyway.
I have always praised how iphones are over rated and that Samsung phones/support is better.

I'm not pleased.

Back
Top Bottom