My Maraathon of the Sands - sweat, tears and camel spiders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
rG-tom said:
fantastic achievement, and fantastic pictures too! were they all taken by you? (except of course the ones of you)

Tom.

Nahh - some of them are off the organisers webby. I lost two disposable cameras due to sand damage and half the time wasn't in the right frame of mind to take pics but still have a few hundred from my now knackered digital camera.

Associate
Congrats - looks like one hellova experience

And I agree with starscream - you're nuts :) But in a very good way
occasion14.gif
If you ever attend a meet that I'm at, I'll buy you a drink

Soldato
OP
Blackstar said:
Well done, that was a great read and those pictures really gave an insight. You planning to ever do it again or was once enough?

As much as it hurt at times I would do it again - but would probably only go as part of a team if I did. My main concern would be that I wouldn't end up in a tent full of great characters as was the case this time.

Commissario
A fantastic achievement, well done!

One question though. If it cost you £4500 to do this and you raised £1600, wouldn't it have been better for the charity if you'd just given then the £4500 and gone to Butlins instead ;) ;)

*runs (but not as far as you did)*

K.

Soldato
OP
Feek said:
A fantastic achievement, well done!

One question though. If it cost you £4500 to do this and you raised £1600, wouldn't it have been better for the charity if you'd just given then the £4500 and gone to Butlins instead ;) ;)

*runs (but not as far as you did)*

K.

Ha :p

Soldato
OP
spirit said:
do you have to bring all your food with you? whats in the packs when you are running?

man thats awsome well done.

Yepp you carry all food, clothing, sleeping bag/mat, cooking equipment, first aid kit etc. Pack weighs about 10kg with upto 3kg of water on top of that. The only thing you don't have to carry is a tent.

Soldato
Awesome stuff.

Seriously, unless you have done some distance running I doubt you could imagine how hard that must have been. I lived on a hill but doing those distances, with weight on your back and in that climate...it takes its toll.

Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom