My Mondeo ST220 - One Year On

Soldato
They are very nice cars and offer huge value for money, they just do more or less everything so very well really, a very complete package. Your particular one looks very nice indeed Howard, I personally still like the 'cut' of the saloon more than the hatch though, same with the MK4.

Love the ST220's, brilliant engine.

iirc SoliD/Moeks got 240bhp+ at the Power Station rollers, ST220's are known for making more than their book figure.

Yea, mine put out 242bhp on PS's rollers.

The engine was great, made a fantastic noise even by 6 pot standards. The Jag I have now has the same basic engine, except with variable valve timing on, puts out 25 more bhp on paper ...so in reality who knows, I'd say it's over 250bhp anyway. I say this based on pretty decent experience with cars varying from 200-300bhp.

Soldato
OP
I have no real complaints with the brakes. Perhaps they could 'bite' better, but then they're not stupidly over-assisted to the point that breathing on the brake pedal gives you whiplash, like most modern cars.

Interior (not up to date and not the cleanest at time of shooting but all I have until some point soon):

interior2.jpg

interior1.jpg

st220-11.jpg

led2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thought I'd bump this thread following the horsepower talk and my visit to Powerstation, it made 232bhp, I spent all day yesterday "detailing" it, and I love it <3

Soldato
Nice car and in excellent condition. The st220 was the first car I ever took for a joyride when I was 17. Twas my ex's dad's car and he was away on holiday, so we took it for a spin :) The difference between it and the fiesta 1.1 I had at the time was phenomenal!

Soldato
i came really close to one of these when i bought the 330ci

i dont regret my decision, but i'd definitely testdrive one again if the BMW got written off tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom