My New Build Guys

Soldato
Well my sons PC is old tech Q6600, etc you get my drift and he wants a cheap upgrade. He like's mine so l said give me £200 for Case+HX850 >i7 930:4.0GHz+12gb+Toxic 6950/70 working Dual Bios with Custom cooling CPU/GPU. Which was serviced not to long ago new tubing and coolant, as he just plays W0W and mainly games on a PS4.

My new upgrade is the X79 route see below which give's me the option of upgrading the CPU to 4930k later on, as l don't like the Haswell Overclocking Lottery plus the Heat.

Already have Case[FTO1], PSU[EVGA Gold 1000W] or GPU[SLI 670] and choose the Asus X79 mobo good spec plus it fully supports IVY-E and it gets good reviews. As for the TeamGroup Vulcan Ram noticed a lot of members use it and also 8pack on some of his builds and mobo bundles which can't be a bad reconmendation over all.

Asus X79 DELUXE Intel X79 (Socket 2011) DDR3 Motherboard - £269.99 inc VAT

Intel 4820K 3.70GHz (Ivybridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor - Retail - £259.99 inc VAT

TeamGroup Vulcan GOLD 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-17100C11 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit - £69.95 inc VATx2=£139.90

Total=£669.99

Just unboxed it and before l installed anything just gave the mobo[cpu socket] a good check also checked the CPU and sticks of Ram, then installed Ram and CPU on the mobo looking good.

The Gold theme on the mobo is quite nice goes well with the black mobo as its done on brushed alumimium surface with semi-matt finish and the TeamGroup Vulcan GOLD 8GB (2x4GB) Ram looks just fine.

Its not the worst looking mobo colour scheme l'v seen, with it being transported over night damp/cold conditions them delivered. I'm letting it stand over night to let it warm up to room ambient temp to guard against any condensation forming when first connected and powered up.

Will let yous know how the build goes and how the 4820k/Asus x79 Deluxe combination performs, realy looking forward to this as was using the X58 system which l sold to my son.

Oldphart.:D

Right guys not to well at the moo, but my x79 build is up and running with Custom H20/ CPU+GPU's, took me 3days. lol

What a smashing bit of kit the Asus x79 DLX is easy to work with and the Asus Driver Installation does it all for you, powered by the EVGA G2 1000w Gold PSU.

When l feel a bit better l'll run a few benchmarks stock and overclocked + some photos.:D

Considering x79 myself but is it really wise to blow a large amount considering haswell e is around the corner

My son needed a new PC as his Q6600 old tech but cheap, so sold him my X58 build >BitFenix Raider Tower Case, HX850,930:4.0GHz/Toxic 6950/70 working Dual Bios with custom loop CPU/GPU.

As he just plays WOW and mainly games on a PS4.

So my x79 build worked out quite cheap as l already had a spare rad+fittings and l kept my SLI 670'S.:)

LoL, keep meaning to do a review but l keep messing about with my new build, still trying to finish off my fresh install game's+progs.

But been doing a bit overclocking got 4.3ghz very easy and stable.:)

Will do a review tomorrow and post it.

Back
Top Bottom