My new chariot

Soldato
mondeo1.jpg

Seems to run ok, needs a wheel bearing and the oil pressure warning light comes on when the engine is warm and at idle, but to be honest I couldn't really care, if it lasts me a month I will be happy.

All for the pricely sum of £300.

Ohh, and you should see what i've taken off it :eek: :D

Soldato
Looks quality for £300, as long as the wheel bearings are making a right old racket i wouldnt worry about it.

As for the oil pump as long as the oil pressure light doesnt come on when your driving normally i wouldnt worry too much, probably a weak pump.

Soldato
OP
Well the bearing is fairly noisy so I went and bought one, I'll whip the hub off and replace it tomorrow (As long as I can use my mates press)

Oil pressure i'm not too fussed about either. Let's see how long it lasts :D

wing.jpg

tints.jpg

Noooiiiiiceeee! It was an old fella that had it as well :confused:

Soldato
haha that spoiler, words cannot describe how bad it is, although im sure some random boyracer would buy it for a few notes off ebay.

Soldato
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Lol with a spoiler on like that i would have avoided that car like the plague.

This is exactly why I went for it. I knew the bloke wouldn't have had any intrest in it because of the spoiler, so I went in and made him a daft offer, which he accpeted. An hour later with the tints and spoiler removed the car is half respectable again.

How was the spoiler attached? Bolts? Suppose it doesn't matter too much with regards to patching up any holes etc, was only £300

4 holes through the bootlid, bolted to a sheet of plywood the other side. I will be getting some rubber grommits to cover the holes.

Soldato
I would have left the tints on tbh :)

But yeah, you'll probably get £75-100 on the bay for that spoiler, bring the cost of the car down even more!

Soldato
OP
The tints were really really dark, made the car look worse and i've never been a fan of them. They have left the glue on the windows which is a right pain to get off, im using a scouring pad and some solvent cleaner - any better ideas?

Back
Top Bottom