My new rig and BOINCView question

Caporegime
OP
I got the RAM about a week ago but i still cant get it above 2.8GHz. Im going to look around for another pair of 1.6's and see if its a problem with them or whether its the board. The capacitors ae the only things that obstruct the socket yes. Saying that there isnt too much space between the gfx and the HSF.

Im a little confused about the 9cm circumference disk. Do you mean stick 92mm fans on each? If so you may have a problem as i doubt they will fit.

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Any PGA603/604 HSF will fit these boards becasue they are some of the most popular boards out there.

Ah but will a 5cm evaperator with a couple of cm of insulation go on ok ?

edit/ Amp you posted while I was thinking :p

Sorry youre stuck there, its a pain not knowing if its the board or the CPU's, from what Ive read the boards can be a bit hit or miss. :( So now were going to be competing for a set of 1.6's :( :(

Just looking at Amps pics again I see the heatsinks are 9cm wide so clearance between the caps is tight, are thet very tall, much taller than the spreader on the cpu ?

TDF.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I get what you mean now :p

Its annoying as well as i almost bought another pair garenteed to do a min of 3GHz but i though nah, there will be another pair along soon if i need them :rolleyes:

The HSF seup is actually 8cm (theyre 70mm fans) although it goes to 9cm when the plastic mobo clips are added. The heaatsink is 40mm above the board with the fan another 15mm on top of that.

If you want any pictres of certain positions just ask and ill do my best to get them. :)

Soldato
lol, that made me chuckle too. :D

Just getting some gear together, still got to pick a few bits up.

phase.jpg

Anyone know the dimension of the heatspreader, ive never even seen a Xeon ?

TDF.

Caporegime
OP
Ok let me rephrase that: If you want any pictures at certain angles of the HSF and cpu positions...

Dirty people, your no better than 15 year olds! :rolleyes: :p

The spreader is 31x31mm. :)

Soldato
Amp34 said:
Ok let me rephrase that: If you want any pictures at certain angles of the HSF and cpu positions...

Dirty people, your no better than 15 year olds! :rolleyes: :p

Thats due to the lack of females in here, its a known fact that if you put a group of men together they return back to being children, just look at us with our toys. :p

Amp34 said:
The spreader is 31x31mm. :)

Thanks, that sounds ok.

TDF.

Back
Top Bottom