My PC is finally complete :D

Associate
Its done!.....for now ;)

http://imgur.com/a/Tgt1i

Specs:

I7 7700k @5ghz (1.31v)
Maximus Hero IX mobo
MSI Gaming X plus GTX 1080 = 2101Mhz core 11908Mhz mem.
16gb 3200Mhz Corsair Vengence LED RAM
NZXT kraken X61 AIO water cooler.
750W corsair PSU
Phantex Enthoo evolv case
NZXT case LEDS
PG278QR 165hz 1440p monitor / S24B350H 75hz 1080p 2nd
Corsair K70 keyboard
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse
HyperX Cloud 2 headset
Cambridge soundworks surround sound system
GT Omega leather gaming chair

Last edited:
Soldato
Very nice.

There was a chap asking for feedback about that particular video card you have (MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus) over here if you'd like to give him your first-hand opinion.

Soldato
With mechanical keyboards, gaming monitors, expensive case/motherboard, overclocked CPU/GPU and watercooling and even gaming chair isn't that audio side falling short of set standard?
I mean just gaming headset...

Soldato
The cloud 2 is damn good.
Those Takstar Pro 80 rebrands (QPAD QH-90 is another rebrand) are no doubt high end for gaming brand stuff, because of awfully lots of them are couple Pound Chinese excrement.
Takstars are supposedly roughly in class of Superlux headphones according to those who've listened to both.
Doesn't mean they're in same class to AKG, Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser models best fit for gaming.

Associate
OP
With mechanical keyboards, gaming monitors, expensive case/motherboard, overclocked CPU/GPU and watercooling and even gaming chair isn't that audio side falling short of set standard?
I mean just gaming headset...

A friend of mine has the Senheizer game one, and i have tried the Astra A50's. For the price the cloud 2's cant be beat... the sound quality is fantastic and super comfortable... plus i can take them out with me when i'm riding my bike, the mic detaches and unplugs from the DAC. Wonderful piece of kit. I dont see the headset being any less quality than the rest of my setup.... i mean, have you tried them?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The cloud 2 is damn good.

They're awesome :) I prefer them to my old Astra A40's and cant tell any difference in sound quality than the A50's, that i was gonna buy, and they're north of £200! so why pay more? the only decision i had to make between the 2 was if i wanted wireless or not? the sound was indistinguishable

Soldato
A friend of mine has the Senheizer game one, and i have tried the Astra A50's. For the price the cloud 2's cant be beat... the sound quality is fantastic and super comfortable... plus i can take them out with me when i'm riding my bike, the mic detaches and unplugs from the DAC. Wonderful piece of kit. I dont see the headset being any less quality than the rest of my setup.... i mean, have you tried them?
I don't buy gaming stuff.
When I switched to headphones there was no gaming brand garbage fashion yet and there's no return from actual quality headphones.
Though Kingston HyperX Cloud/QPAD QH-90 are one of the rare gaming headphones aiming at some quality standards instead of Apple level profit margin on cheap junk.
That Takstar Pro 80 design is in same sound quality level with Superluxes, which has models with superb price/quality ratio.

Superlux HD 330 I bought as test (cost me mighty 30€) sure has sound quality of many times its price, though still clearly behind Beyers/Sennheiser I have.
Only gaming stuff I've had chance to try is Turtle Beach Z60, which basically made Superluxes sound like 300€ headphones.
There wasn't any point in even trying to compare those Turd Beaches to DT990 Beyers and HD595 Sennheisers.

That's my standard for headphone quality.
Guess QPAD QH-1339 aka rebranded MMX300 Beyerdynamic would meet that.
Though DT770's big for closed headphone soundstage would likely still sound small compared to those open designs with big soundstage.

They're awesome :) I prefer them to my old Astra A40's and cant tell any difference in sound quality than the A50's, that i was gonna buy, and they're north of £200!
As(s)tros are standard overpriced gaming junk.
Actual quality/performance is the smallest part of their "budget" with huge profits and marketing taking most.
Heck, you can get good AKGs/Beyers/Sennheisers for cheaper!

Soldato
I don't know what you are trying to get at. The Cloud 2 is a really good headset for gaming and music - I have no qualms with using them for both. They are well priced, include a decent soundcard and mic plus are super comfy. Without trying them, it's hard to make a valid judgement of them.

Associate
OP
I don't know what you are trying to get at. The Cloud 2 is a really good headset for gaming and music - I have no qualms with using them for both. They are well priced, include a decent soundcard and mic plus are super comfy. Without trying them, it's hard to make a valid judgement of them.

This.

Back
Top Bottom