My poor little angel is not well

Associate
The youngest child of mine was not to well on christmas day but we thought it was just a stomach bug and thought we would see how she was today - Rung the out patients today at 4 to get an appointment because she hasnt kept any food or drink down in the past 2 days and when we got there she got taken to hospital striaght away , Long story short she is 13 months old and having great problems breathing . They have her taking 10 pumps of some spray thing every 30 minutes - calpol and something else every 30 minutes and steriods every hour plus some liquid mediction every 10 minutes .

They wouldnt let me stay with her and the wife overnight as they said it was only one parent overnight and I had a little shout up and in the end I thought I would get a mate to come get me before I get thrown out and not able to see her at all . Not sure as of yet how long she will be in there .

Im at home all alone with out a clue what to do with myself - I just want to be with my little baby girl :(

She has also been having some sort of fits on the left side of her body which is also causing a worry aswell ,

Im sure a few of you on here that have meet me and the gang they will tell you how much of a cutie she is , Shes the best baby in the whole world never making a fuss over anything - I feel helpless here as I cant sleep or do anything and Im sure some of you can imagine how much I am holding back the tears of worry for her .

Associate
OP
Just a little update , things havent improved over night and they are now doing blood tests and x-rays

She has a pulse of just under 140 and a temperature of 40 so these are a lot higher than they want them to be

Thanks for all your kind words

Associate
OP
Just got home and the latest is still not good

breaths per minute are running into the 80's per minute where they should be 40's

Pulse is still high in the 130 bpm where it should be 90's

After the x-rays ect they have said she has a cheast infection , viral infection , infection on the lungs and tonsilitus (sp?)

She is now still having all the above mentioned plus she was just about to go on a drip as i was leaving and has to wear an oxygen tube up her nose and started on antibiotics

Associate
OP
^TANK^ said:
Is there no chance a mate or a member of family could come over to your place to keep you company,

My father traveled 160 odd miles on his fireblade this morning but hes to tiered to stay up - I wont be sleeping again because the wife is not here next to me

MrSix said:
High breath / minute and pulse rate are because she has the infections - once the antibiotics kick in that'll settle again.

She'll get better over night, kids do at that age, so don't worry about it.

Has her temperature come down?

Her temperature is pretty much the same as it has been all the way through

Associate
OP
yermum said:
Try to get some rest because as soon as your daughter is better, (as I am sure she will be soon) she will be running around while you and your other half will be exhausted. Make sure that you both eat properly, and get plenty of fluids as hospitals can be very dehydrating and the food leaves a little to be desired.

My thoughts are with you all and my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I havent been to sleep all last night and wont this evening as I never can when the wifes not next to me - managed to eat something this evening though which is a first since yestarday morning just keep on at the wife as she started not to eat at all so I made her eat some hospital food and she said it was better than the food they give the adults when she had a C section

The other hardest thing at the moment is I also have a 3 year old son which is proving very differcuilt . he has asking so many questions . I have been having to tell him mummy is coming home when he goes to sleep and goes back before he wakes up

Associate
OP
Have been kept amused by a special little lady this evening chatting on msn for a few hours even with a game of solitaire we both had no idea how to play and I am pretty sure she was cheating some how :p thanks for adding me and your time :D

Thanks very much one and all aswell so far and I shall try and grab some sleep if possible after I go down stairs and do all the washing up and laundary I have been left with on my list of to do's :eek:

Associate
OP
Just got back from the morning visit and I was greated with a the first smile she has had in 4 days which brought a tear to my eye

She is picking up within herself and is finally keeping a little bit of food down , They have taken the drip off her but everything else is still in place as by no means are they happy yet with her as the breathing is still a big issue .

Her lungs are the main issue with the doctors because of the infection on them .

I managed about 30 minutes sleep which I wish I didnt have because it has made me feel worse . The worse time for me know is when my little boy goes to bed as my father has had to go home for a few days which is leaving me on my own and I just dont know what to do with myself - There is only so much cleaning I think a man should have to endure a day

The wife is also holding up very well and I keep taking her to the cafe to get some food down her aswell . They have put a bed up for her next to the cot so she can sleep on that

Associate
OP
Just returned home from the evening visit -

It appears by looking at everything that has been going on that she has pneumonia and she will be in there for about another week by the looks of things .

She should be having another x-ray tomorrow to see if the antibiotics have helped and if they havent she will stay in till they clear her up .

Im not sure how long I can keep going as I have only managed 3 hours sleep since monday tops as I just cant get to sleep at all

Associate
OP
Thanks for all you kind words guys

Spent about 30 minutes on the phone with the wife earlier and it seems that shes having problems breathing again but the nurses told her it would happen in the evening .

They still cant explain the fits either that she is having on the left side of her body as these are becoming more frequent

Have been trying to sleep but that still aint happening either :mad:

Associate
OP
Shes has just rung me and it looks like there putting the drip back on her :( She had a very unsettled night

I managed about 90 minutes of sleep last night which is the most i have managed and this morning I made the mistake of looking in the mirror and was startled by what i saw :eek:

Think i shall be needing a shave :p

Associate
OP
Pulse and temp anre coming right down now , only the breathing still worrying them at the moment . The wife has come home to try and get some kip aswell and just enjoyed a nice meal at the mothers

When I asked the nurses if it was pneumonia they would say yes or no - Just that the chest infection had gone to her lungs , She is keeping food down now but not wanting to eat to much but thats something atleast

Associate
OP
UPDATE

Sorry i havent posted in a few days , been spending all the time up the hospial with her . Everything is looking good to a certain extent now where as the temp , pulse are concered .

They are still concered with her breathing as she still needs to have the oxygen on during the night as she cant manage without it in the evening

The fits are finally getting dealt with aswell as i spent 30 minutes with the consultent today and they are organising a brain scan for her in the near future

Will try and put up more updates when I can

Back
Top Bottom