My poor little angel is not well

Man of Honour
Skywalker said:
No nuts kept in the house mate as if I eat them I vomit everywhere but thanks for the heads up mate

My mother thought she hadn't got nuts in her house either and everything you mentioned happened to her. It was three weeks later when they checked for it and bingo.

Good luck, my thoughts are with you.

Soldato
i hope everything goes ok for your daughter, i'm a new father myself and i can't describe how i would feel if anything happened to my baby boy, much like you say. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Soldato
Skywalker said:
No nuts kept in the house mate as if I eat them I vomit everywhere but thanks for the heads up mate

a lot of produce that you buy from the supermarket can contain nuts, even if it has nothing to do with nuts, i.e even vanilla icecream can contain nuts, it's worth checking out as DMPoole suggests.

Soldato
Skywalker said:
Her temperature is pretty much the same as it has been all the way through

That's fine, the infection causes that so its enzymes can work more efficiently.
Now that they have a diagnosis, she'll only get better. A good dose of antibiotics, IV drip and rest and she'll be fine.

Soldato
Hey skywalker, I'm new here and hardly a regular, but this still isnt stopping me from saying that all my best wishes are being sent upon you and your daughter, she looks like a little angel in the pic and i hope she gets better very soon. As for you, like a few poeple have said, keep your self occupied.

I cant say i know how it feels, because i dont, but i cant even imagine what your going through, never mind that though, there is no doubt this is tough for you, and you should know that pretty much everyone on this forum are with you and your daughter all the way by the looks of it, and im sure your family are being as helpfull as they can.

I really do hope the little gem gets a lot better, best wishes and luck from me.

ags

Permabanned
I remember rushing No.1 son into hospital some years ago as he couldn't keep anything in and so I have some idea what you are going through. I would have changed places with him in an instant, as I am sure you would.

Try to get some rest because as soon as your daughter is better, (as I am sure she will be soon) she will be running around while you and your other half will be exhausted. Make sure that you both eat properly, and get plenty of fluids as hospitals can be very dehydrating and the food leaves a little to be desired.

My thoughts are with you all and my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Associate
OP
yermum said:
Try to get some rest because as soon as your daughter is better, (as I am sure she will be soon) she will be running around while you and your other half will be exhausted. Make sure that you both eat properly, and get plenty of fluids as hospitals can be very dehydrating and the food leaves a little to be desired.

My thoughts are with you all and my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I havent been to sleep all last night and wont this evening as I never can when the wifes not next to me - managed to eat something this evening though which is a first since yestarday morning just keep on at the wife as she started not to eat at all so I made her eat some hospital food and she said it was better than the food they give the adults when she had a C section

The other hardest thing at the moment is I also have a 3 year old son which is proving very differcuilt . he has asking so many questions . I have been having to tell him mummy is coming home when he goes to sleep and goes back before he wakes up

Man of Honour
She's in the best place and it seems they know the problem now so try not to worry (he says).

My worst moment was when my 17 year old fell backwards off a full size trampoline straight onto the back of her head while in a competition.
I was rang by the organisers and when I got there she was spark out and the paramedics were putting her in body boards and a neck brace.
Of course you think the worst and about two hours later she woke up asking "Where am I? My head hurts" etc.

Associate
OP
Have been kept amused by a special little lady this evening chatting on msn for a few hours even with a game of solitaire we both had no idea how to play and I am pretty sure she was cheating some how :p thanks for adding me and your time :D

Thanks very much one and all aswell so far and I shall try and grab some sleep if possible after I go down stairs and do all the washing up and laundary I have been left with on my list of to do's :eek:

Associate
Kids are tough little things. We are all thinking of you at this time. My little girl who is now 3 has had a few scares needing to go into hospital and it's every parents worst nightmare.

Soldato
Skywalker said:
Have been kept amused by a special little lady this evening chatting on msn for a few hours even with a game of solitaire we both had no idea how to play and I am pretty sure she was cheating some how :p thanks for adding me and your time :D

Dont be fooled by that 'I dont know how to play this' that she spins, shes a total hustler!

Hows your daughter today?

Associate
OP
Just got back from the morning visit and I was greated with a the first smile she has had in 4 days which brought a tear to my eye

She is picking up within herself and is finally keeping a little bit of food down , They have taken the drip off her but everything else is still in place as by no means are they happy yet with her as the breathing is still a big issue .

Her lungs are the main issue with the doctors because of the infection on them .

I managed about 30 minutes sleep which I wish I didnt have because it has made me feel worse . The worse time for me know is when my little boy goes to bed as my father has had to go home for a few days which is leaving me on my own and I just dont know what to do with myself - There is only so much cleaning I think a man should have to endure a day

The wife is also holding up very well and I keep taking her to the cafe to get some food down her aswell . They have put a bed up for her next to the cot so she can sleep on that

Back
Top Bottom