My printer - Brother DCP9020CDW - died

Soldato
It's dead as a doornail. No life at all. I've tried the simple things like changing the power lead and holding the power button but beyond that I've not troubleshot printers in long enough that I would welcome advice. I've had it a decade.

And if it now an ex-printer and not merely resting, spec me a replacement! Occasional usage, colour, laser, scanner, duplex. An ethernet connection would be nice but if it could share itself via my wifi router that would be acceptable.

Brother's direct replacement seems to be the Brother DCP-L3555CDW or the MFC-L3770CDW.

Last edited:
It's dead as a doornail. No life at all. I've tried the simple things like changing the power lead and holding the power button but beyond that I've not troubleshot printers in long enough that I would welcome advice. I've had it a decade.

And if it now an ex-printer and not merely resting, spec me a replacement! Occasional usage, colour, laser, scanner, duplex. An ethernet connection would be nice but if it could share itself via my wifi router that would be acceptable.

Brother's direct replacement seems to be the Brother DCP-L3555CDW or the MFC-L3770CDW.

I brought an Epson ET2850, it gets very little use and ive never had any problems with nozzles drying up etc, im very happy with it, if you get the right deal then you'll get 2 years of ink with it, I got 2 bottles of black and the 3 colours, its enough to fill all the tanks up and the black tank twice, ive had it a year, it still works like the day I brought it

Last edited:
I'm very leery of inkjet printers because sometimes I don't print for very long periods - like a month or so.
Most inkjet printers seem to come with a bundled ink subscription too. Immediate red flag for me, I assume it's optional but they'll try and lock out alternative ink cartridges.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom