My review of the EK Supremacy Evo

Associate
OP
Of course having said that, EK just announced this today:

We have updated our EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO installation manual. Please use Insert 2 (I2) with Jet J1 (0.25mm) for best results on Intel LGA-2011-V3 series Core i7 58xx/59xx CPUs. We never stop - we are fine tuning the performance even further.

Associate
OP
What CPU are you using? My block orientation results above seem to match what others have observed also for the two cases above. No idea about x79/99 chips yet because my motherboard is still not here :(

Associate
OP
Well my board should be here next week but no sign of the RAM just yet. But the 5960x is more of a square die than anything else so I won't be surprised if orientation wasn't very important here.

Associate
OP
Heh.. That thing won't be done anytime soon if these work/review requirements keep coming up. Corsair was supposed to have sent a HG10 over a month ago for testing (stock vs HG10/AIO vs custom loop test) and then the big quad rad comparison is commencing soon. Got the fans for it as you may have seen (48 NB fans!).

Associate
OP
Mine came with J1 pre-installed which I changed over to J2 for these tests in here. Take a look at the fittings kit and see what jetplate is in there- J2 has an extra notch at the top and bottom (2 on each side) compared to J1.

Insert I1 is pre-installed and that should be what you want for the 4770k as per latest instructions.

Associate
OP
I had ordered a G.Skill which they were unable to provide to the reseller I purchased from. Working out something with Corsair, let's see.

Ya, I imagine that I will test out different combinations- at least the different inserts because I have no idea still what the difference between the two is.

Associate
OP
FYI: http://www.ekwb.com/news/543/19/EK-...ng-with-brand-new-Jet-J3-for-LGA-2011-3-CPUs/

Relevant quote:
The new jet plate J3 with every newly assembled EK-Supremacy EVO water block at no additional cost. EK is also giving away 1000 (one thousand) free J3 jet plates to our existing users - these will also be distributed among our resellers. They come free of charge other than the shipping fee (for end customer there is a limit of 2 free jet plates per order) and are available through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network.

Good timing for me too!

Associate
OP
Yeah but I'd still bet shipping just the jetplate won't be worth it. Best to combine with other items due to how minimum shipping costs work.

Associate
OP
Glad it helped. I already have a new prototype block from a surprise brand I am testing out now, so it's going to be fun with this, the Watercool Heatkiller 4.0 and the XSPC Raystorm Pro coming out anytime now.

Associate
OP
Don't use CLP, it is not worth the hassle one bit. The updated Ultra version is easier to handle but still not something I would recommend to beginners. Go with the included GC Extreme. It is viscous so you may want to put the tube in a piece of plastic, tie it up and soak it in warm water for a few minutes to help with mounting.

Back
Top Bottom