My son has about £800 to spend on a gaming computer

Associate
He's more into truck driving and farming simulators but does also play 'shoot em up' type games.

Can somebody dvise where to start with a spec?

Associate
OP
Sorry....no. We have a 22" Samsung TV with HDMI in that he will use to start with and he will look to upgrade later. He also has a basic mouse, keyboard and steering wheel.

He just needs the PC. He currently has a USB wifi dongle but he does fancy a PCI card (will he get a better connection?)

He will need windoze though

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OK. I don't really understand over clocking (other than it gets more performance and generates more heat). Will I be doing that with the recommended systems?

Associate
OP
Is it cheaper than buying a ready made machine?

He did order a G30 from **** but it was 3 days late arriving and then it didn't work so it's going back...

Associate
OP
Crikey...so many different optons, I'm no wiser.

Are these graphics cards thet you're recommending better than the Radeon 7850 or 7870?

Associate
OP
OK so is the cooler that comes with the Retail OK or is it better to get an after market cooler? Maybe you're gonna ask about overclocking...the answer is 'i don't know' for the games he wan't to play now, it's probably not necessary but who knows what the future holds

Associate
OP
Better off buying the parts and building it yourself, he will get more for the money. Also better warranty on individual parts. So if he has a problem just send the part rather than the whole system back, as you would have to do with a prebuilt system.

ineed but 17yo ladsjust wanna play games

Back
Top Bottom