My son has about £800 to spend on a gaming computer

Soldato
I like that. I think I would still use the 1.5TB eco drive from my mini-itx spec as it's cheaper and has a larger capacity. Rest is very solid, just needs a good value heatsink at some point for overclocking the CPU :D

Cheers buddy.
The 1.5 TB drive would make better sense. But it is all speculation until the OP actually gets round to buying, by which time prices could/will change and the spec with it.

Soldato
He's stilltrying to work out whether to buy a box of bits or a readymade system from ************ or somewhere

Better off buying the parts and building it yourself, he will get more for the money. Also better warranty on individual parts. So if he has a problem just send the part rather than the whole system back, as you would have to do with a prebuilt system.

Associate
OP
Better off buying the parts and building it yourself, he will get more for the money. Also better warranty on individual parts. So if he has a problem just send the part rather than the whole system back, as you would have to do with a prebuilt system.

ineed but 17yo ladsjust wanna play games

Soldato
I wouldn't get the TX PSU, a lot of problems with it recently :(
:(

Just because a few members were unfortunate to get a bad unite does not constitute to a lot of problems. Unless of course you have proof that this is more widespread than just a thread on OCUK. I myself have not seen anything on the net to back this up or do you know something we don`t. Maybe you can link us to further proof, other than the thread I mentioned.

Soldato
ineed but 17yo ladsjust wanna play games

Don`t we all. Just think of the satisfaction of putting it altogether himself.:D
Get him to sign up and if he has any questions, we will be happy to help answer and give any advice he may require. There are plenty of video tutorials to watch, some I think were linked earlier in this thread.

Soldato
:(

Just because a few members were unfortunate to get a bad unite does not constitute to a lot of problems. Unless of course you have proof that this is more widespread than just a thread on OCUK. I myself have not seen anything on the net to back this up or do you know something we don`t. Maybe you can link us to further proof, other than the thread I mentioned.

The fact that no other power supplies do far have been reported almost en masse does show an issue. Until these problems stop cropping up I think it's vise to stop speccing them as the chance of getting a duff unit is considerably higher than other PSU's like the PC Power and Cooling.

Soldato
The fact that no other power supplies do far have been reported almost en masse does show an issue. Until these problems stop cropping up I think it's vise to stop speccing them as the chance of getting a duff unit is considerably higher than other PSU's like the PC Power and Cooling.

en masse means= in a mass; all together; as a whole

So a few unfortunate people is "en masse", how naive.
If it was "en masse" then surely there would be further evidence?

not going to respond to this here any more, as it is hijacking and unfair to the OP. My apologies for getting side tracked.

Soldato
indeed...I'll help him too. I'm thinking bout building a DAW when my cash situation improves and could do with the experience

Very nice. It really is very straight forward. Between the video guides and the mobo manual, you will find everything you need for installation.

Back
Top Bottom