My turn for an Ebay question !

Ish

Ish

Associate
mc_bob said:
Paypal always sides with the seller though.

MC_Bob

Ain't that the truth :mad:

I filed a a paypal dispute becuase i item i purchased was not like the description and the seller was no help. Paypal told me to send the item back recorded delivery and give them the tracking number which I did.

Paypal then closed the dispute in favour of the seller...WTF :mad: :mad:

It meant I ended up paying for an item i didn't ever receive as well as paying p&p to return the item :rolleyes: :(

Associate
If I can offer a little advice, I have attempted to sell a mobile phone on Ebay three times and on each occassion the leading bidder has been outbid by someone with 0 feedback.
The last time the phone was at £269 with a 160 feedback bidder then an 0 feedback came in and won the auction with £274. Of course they never answered any emails so I had to (for the 3rd time) take out an 'unpaid item' dispute. It takes 14 days before you can reclaim the final valuation fee.
For an example of what I mean, take a look at the bidding activity on the item below - talk about a feeding frenzy. Some people register to spoil auctions. Unfortunately you can only bar -1 feedback members but not 0. Weall have to start somewhere true but in my experience it has been bad news.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9142532695&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Associate
simple option - dont use paypal

its cheaper and you dont have any chance of being paypal scammed.
ive done 30 + transactions on that site and always have DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL , in big bold caps.

if the buyer is dishonest they can contact paypal and make a dispute claiming

- non arrival of goods
- goods arrived damaged
-goods were faulty
-goods not as described.

and then your involved a nice long hasstle . with the posabiltiy of the dodgy buyer getting his money back and keeping you goods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom