My Wife and I (Our Story)

Soldato
OP
Didn't really want to go this route, but we've set up a GoFundMe page :(

12 months off work is quickly going to diminish our savings.

Apologies if this isn't allowed. (I used the search and saw others posting links so assume it is OK?)

We appreciate any support you can offer, even if it's just sharing the post.

Last edited:
Associate

Apologies if this isn't allowed. (I used the search and saw others posting links so assume it is OK?)
Frankly after reading this thread, sod the rules if its allowed or not.

I'll support and donate later when I am back indoors. May be where I am under the weather myself, but the whole story has hit me right in the feels.
I am so so sorry for what must be a dreadful 12+ months so far and I can only wish for a positive outcome for you and your wife.

Soldato
I hate how broken and unfair the country has become, I get so angry when the NHS is in such a state - where people like the OP and his family have to suffer, meanwhile those awful companies like capita absolutely rinse the government of NHS cash, and produce jack ****.

I left a donation - I hope things smooth out for you, don’t feel bad for asking - you’re doing the best you can, and that’s something to be proud of.

Donated, stay strong mate, best wishes.

Soldato

Continued big hugs dude! Can't help financially (or physically for that matter - you live too far away dammit!) but feel free to reach out! My email/username/phone number remains the same as ever if you just wanna shoot the breeze or chat nonsense. If you do text/call let me know because I lost a lot of numbers when I broke my phone. Can also find me on discord at Psymonkee#4487 :)

Associate
Sorry to read this thread.

My uncle had the same cancer and had the same back trouble with the broken vertebrae.

He had blood transplants and cell transplants, it have him an extra 3 years and he achieved most of his bucket list in that time though he missed his daughter's wedding by 4 months, he was trying desperately to hang in there for it but the cancer had other plans, unfortunately it came back and came back much more aggressive and died within 3 months of it coming back. This was 10 years ago now, and I'm sure there have been medical advances since which will hopefully keep the cancer under control for longer.

Soldato
OP
Good afternoon all. We had a meeting with Laura's consultant on Friday and unfortunately her cancer is progressing. The 2nd line treatment isn't working.

Her consultant has stopped her current treatment plan and has moved on to Third Line treatment. This comes with a few changes. She will no longer be required to attend hospital for injections twice a week, instead she can have tablets from home.

She will be having a 21 day course of Lenalidomide with dexamethasone. She had another MRI scan on Saturday and picked up her new treatment which she started on Sunday.

The option for stem cell treatment has been taken off the table as the second line treatment hasn't worked.

We've still been unable to get on top of the pain, hopefully the MRI will shed some light on that. We suspect there may be another build up of plasma cells in her Sacrum again.

We hope to hear from the consultant this week with the results of the MRI.

We have some new tablets to add to the mix to try and ease the pain in her back, but they take up to a week for the body to respond to them.

Soldato
im really sorry to hear this pal, Really i’m sure i speak for everyone in saying that this isn’t the update anybody wanted to read. Hope the new tablets will kick in fast and ease the pain.

What is she doing in her free time? i found with my mum and sister during their cancer fights that occupying the mind was an effective pain killer.

i’m always free for a chat drop in my DMS if you ever need and i will give you my contact details for out of forum.

Soldato
OP
im really sorry to hear this pal, Really i’m sure i speak for everyone in saying that this isn’t the update anybody wanted to read. Hope the new tablets will kick in fast and ease the pain.

What is she doing in her free time? i found with my mum and sister during their cancer fights that occupying the mind was an effective pain killer.

i’m always free for a chat drop in my DMS if you ever need and i will give you my contact details for out of forum.

Thanks. I appreciate that. She used to enjoy LEGO, but it's too expensive to buy her now without an income.

She enjoys reading, and doing those fancy art pictures where you stick gems onto a picture.

It's difficult though as she tends to be in a lot of pain if she's sat upright for too long.

Back
Top Bottom