My Windows 8 doesn't seem to be auto updating it's self?

Associate
Hi, i am using windows 8, when i go to windows update it says my laptop it set to automatically update its self at a certain maintenance window (or something like that) i do have my settings set to install updates automatically as well.

As far as i know my system is set to update daily at 8pm, for the last 3 nights though my windows update has shown 14 important updates to install when I have searched and clicked on the update icon, i thought i would leave them and see if they auto install when i restart etc.. i have found i have had to click on them and manually install them, I’m not sure why they aren't auto installing as it makes out?

Also if do have to manually install them, i have not had any notification either to tell me i have updates to install.

Not sure if I have turned something off by accident?

Is this the case for anyone else?

James

Soldato
Might pay to double check the time it is set to. Control Panel > Action Centre > Maintenance > Change Maintenance Settings

I've experienced something similar so as a test I've set it to 12:00 and there is currently one minor update to install.

Back
Top Bottom