MyWhoosh PC Spec Question

Associate
Hello

My PC is currently just below the recommended specs with the following hardware:

B450 Motherboard
Ryzen 1600x CPU
AMD RX 6600 GPU
32 GB RAM

The current issue I have is while riding, MyWoosh occasionally freezes (few seconds), although most of the time I get a steady 30 fps
The display settings are set to auto and I'm running 1080p to my TV.

I am aware of the specs listed at:
https://www.mywhoosh.com/docs/what-devices-are-compatible-with-mywhoosh/

Anyone else use MyWhoosh? I’m wondering if the issue is maybe the 1600x single thread performance?

I believe it uses the Unreal engine if that helps?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
MyWhoosh does need a fairly decent PC to run the thing properly.

My old Zwift setup was a tiny Lenovo mini PC which whilst it didn't have a dedicated GPU, it ran Zwift fine on all be it on lowish settings. MyWhoosh wouldn't even load, it just crashed on load.

I then changed PC so I could run Zwift better, old 8th gen intel CPU with a Radeon RX 6400 GPU. That Ran Zwift much better, and tried MyWhoosh again. Whilst it actually ran this time, the framerate was awful.

I upgraded again around Christmas as I picked up a bigger TV. AMD Ryzen 5 5500, B550-A Pro motherboard, 16gb, Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU. Runs Zwift at 4k silky smooth and I now get fairly decent frame rates from MyWhoosh maxed out as well.

MyWhoosh does look so much better than Zwift but I have too many hours in Zwift to change really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol how can these new platforms expect to compete with zwift if they require that sort of setup. I know zwift has increased its requirements the last 18 months as I needed an upgrade to continue playing it but that minimum is ridiculous.

Soldato
Lol how can these new platforms expect to compete with zwift if they require that sort of setup. I know zwift has increased its requirements the last 18 months as I needed an upgrade to continue playing it but that minimum is ridiculous.
Yep I might try it again on my HP Xeon desktop + GTX 1650 LP this morning as it did run MyWhoosh OK the last time I tried.

I run Zwift at 4K settings (2560 x 1080) but with a frame limit of 40 fps as it's a low profile GPU in a desktop case so it keeps the temps to 70C.

Soldato
Seems to be up to date as it's an app but latest update is 17GB!

My 4th Gen CPU is now 3 gens out of date.

If I remember the project is funded by the UAE sovereign fund or something so not much incentive to be efficient :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed. I’m running zwift just fine on a 5 year old Apple TV box. Will take the trade off of lower res graphics over having to mess about with expensive PCs any day.

Back
Top Bottom