N00B trying to install Windows

Associate
Evening all, I just built my first desktop PC. Gigabyte B550 Gaming x V2 (F2 BIOS), Ryzen 5 5600x 16gb Corsair vengence LPX RAM and a cheap and cheerful GPU for the time being to tide me over.

Ther issue I'm having is that I can't seem to get Windows 10 Installed. I have a bootable USB, but whenever I try to boot from it I get stuck at the Windows logo and nothing happens, I've left it for half an hour or more but still nothing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

No I haven't used rufus, I used the Microsoft tool. Do you suggest rufus over that? I have checked all settings in the BIOS, though I'm not really sure what I'm looking at I have made sure things are enabled in line with what I have read on google searches.

i presume this is being downloaded off ms site? i would reformat drive and redownload, generally never had an issue downloading to usb from ms, but guess itis possible, not sure on gigabtye for selecting boot on start up think its f12

view
view
This morning I went down the route of trying rufus. On my thumb drive there is a UEFI partition 1 and then just the normal scandisk cruzer pop. When I try to boot off the UEFI partition it just sits at 'GIGABYTE Insist on Ultra Durable' screen. And if i try to boot off the scandisk cruzer pop I get a rufus error screen. I've attached some pictures of my BIOS setting and then the rufus error

Your images don't work, checking your message you're using Google Drive which won't work with hotlinking images. And even then, you haven't given permission to view the photos. Try Imgur instead.

On the motherboard, make sure CSM is disabled to force UEFI boot.

What settings did you use for Rufus? You want to select GPT as the partition scheme for UEFI boot.

I used rufus, the partition scheme is GPT. I am still just getting stuck on the 'GIGABYTE Insist on Ultra Durable' screen with no signs of windows installing. Apologies if I am missing something obvious. Attached imgur pic of Boot menu in Bios. E5ud2fZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom