N66U replacement Asus ac86u or Netgear R7800 X4S

Associate
I purchased another ac86u a couple of weeks ago and again, this one was making the same high pitched coil whine type sound. Seemed to be coming from the wifi radios/chips, as soon as I turned the wifi off, the noise stopped. I’ve either got super sensitive hearing suddenly or perhaps a dodgy batch? Sent it back again anyway. Keep debating whether to try another one.

Soldato
OP
I purchased another ac86u a couple of weeks ago and again, this one was making the same high pitched coil whine type sound. Seemed to be coming from the wifi radios/chips, as soon as I turned the wifi off, the noise stopped. I’ve either got super sensitive hearing suddenly or perhaps a dodgy batch? Sent it back again anyway. Keep debating whether to try another one.

Wow that is really unlucky, could be a bad batch, mine makes no noise at all and I am sensitive to noise, where did you purchase from?

Associate
Wow that is really unlucky, could be a bad batch, mine makes no noise at all and I am sensitive to noise, where did you purchase from?
Not sure I can say as I think OcUK sell the ac86u. But a well known retailer of virtually everything lol. Perhaps it was just a dodgy batch then.

Associate
So I ordered another one, hoping it would be third time lucky but no. This one whines as well. Think I’m done with the ac86u now. Shame as it seems to get decent reviews. Not sure what else to try. Did see the Netgear XR500 but I don’t know, seems a bit gimmicky.

Associate
I don’t get it either, definitely seems to come from the wifi, as soon as I turn it off, it’s silent. But I wouldn’t of thought all 3 would have the same problem. Unless they are all from a dodgy batch.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Hmmm, I'll test mine later when I'm home.

Is it when its sending/receiving data or all the time?

Back
Top Bottom