Nail it past bike shops?

Soldato
Alright guys this is no way a dig at anyone in here or at bikers in general. These people im talking about are the minority by quite a distance .

Anyway i work at a large bike dealer and the road next to us is a 40MPH Dual carrigeway. Why is it as soon as some bikers see that there is a bike shop they NAIL it past going 80-100mph. I mean they seriously go from going about 40mph to realy opening it up. They then let the bike slow down to normal speeds when past.

And then you get the tools who like to do this whilst doing a wheelie past the shop. Why is this? Trying to impress the bikers who meet at ther dealership?

Cant say i have ever nailed my car down the road when i see a car dealership :D Good job the majority of people that visit us or ride past are nice and sensible.

Associate
Its the same wherever you go. I work very close to On Yer Bike on the A41, and you get all sorts pootling past until they see the sign/bikes and they just pin the throttle for about 5 seconds. They have had the police sit in the car park recently to discourage/catch people doing it.

There was a tale from one of the guys there that someone on a gixxer wheelied past, turned around 200 metres up the road, went to wheelie past the other way, and his rear tyre hit a cats eye (the road furniture not the animal part) and he took quite the tumble. Don't think anyone 'rushed' to his aid.

Soldato
Why is it as soon as some bikers see that there is a bike shop they NAIL it past going 80-100mph. I mean they seriously go from going about 40mph to realy opening it up. They then let the bike slow down to normal speeds when past.

I nail it past my car brand dealers too when in the car, just showing the potential customers that there are some fun cars :D

Soldato
George White in Swindon is terrible for people like this – the road outside the car park is a straight several hundred meters long (at a guess) and they nail it down there, some even wheeling the entire duration of it; it always seems stupid to me as its on an industrial estate so this road has entrances to other businesses along it, and parked lorries/cars!

Once they get off of the industrial estate they then have several dial carriageways to nail it down, but both of which are 40 limits – again you get people ragging it off on one wheel.

I guess some people just get a buzz showing off like this, personally I’d too worried about binning it in front of all the crowd and feeling like a tool :D

Soldato
I recall being at Two Wheels in Edinburgh ( the old shop before they moved ) and a guy came in to test ride a Goldwing 1500. As he pulled out from the shop and straightened up, he popped a huge wheelie. First time in real life I have seen a Wing pop one out on the back wheel and it just looked totally mad. :eek:

Suffice to say, the salesman wasn't too happy with the guy. :D

Associate
I recall being at Two Wheels in Edinburgh ( the old shop before they moved ) and a guy came in to test ride a Goldwing 1500. As he pulled out from the shop and straightened up, he popped a huge wheelie. First time in real life I have seen a Wing pop one out on the back wheel and it just looked totally mad. :eek:

Suffice to say, the salesman wasn't too happy with the guy. :D

But cool nonetheless .....wheelies on bikes that you think cant wheelie are awesome....did he have teeshirt and flip flops or full leathers?

Back
Top Bottom