Name a cult classic you have never seen and a suggestion for others

Soldato
Name a cult classic you have never seen and a suggestion for others.

We all have movies we've not see but other praise and suggest you watch, which is how I came across some great movies, I've not found any topics on this so i thought I would open one.

Off the top of my head the few I've not seen are.

The Shawshank Redemption
The Shining.
inception
16 candles

Man of Honour
I've never watched Requiem for a Dream despite some positive comments from some people - one I have watched and I'd quite recommend is Battle Royale :D

Soldato
The Shawshank Redemption

I highly recommend this film. Took me years to get round to watching it and I have no idea why i took so long.

I've never seen The Princess Bride which I gather is a good film. It means I have no idea when people quote things at me and in my circle of fantasy loving friends, this can be a problem.

Soldato
I've never seen Big Trouble in Little China. Don't know why, it's been on my watch list for a long time.

I would recommend Repo Man.

Caporegime
Never seen Trainspotting.

As for recommendations not sure it's a glut classic but I really recommend The Gambler with Mark Wahlberg, love that film.

Associate
Some great films on here. Not seen Casablanca, kind of feel like I should watch it one day.
One to see is 12 Angry Men - a real classic, great film.

Soldato
OP
Never seen any of The Godfather trilogy.
I start watching and get bored after 10 minutes.
Im in the same boat ive never seen The Godfather trilogy, Casablanca or Goodfellas.

I should really watch them,

i've just been avoiding Casablanca, it looks a bit dated to me and not something I would watch even if it came out today.

Permabanned
Cool idea for a thread! Not sure some of these are of 'cult' status though xD

Dazed and Confused is probably my one true glaring admission here...

Recommendations wise, has to be Brazil! failing that, Withnail & I! Two of the greatest movies ever made.

Soldato
Perhaps this thread should be to name an incredibly famous/acclaimed film that you've never seen and to also recommend one that you think everyone should see?

I think that drawing a like as to what is cult and what isn't will be quite difficult.

For a 'cult' film that I'd recommend it'd have to be Napoleon Dynamite but I'm struggling to think of a particularly 'cult' film that I haven't seen.

Back
Top Bottom