NAS died. get data from RAID0?

Soldato
I go to the effort to setup my arrays to be realtime mirrored via software to an out of stripe disc thats using NTFS

Rroff, I'm quite intrigued. Could you please elaborate for those of us interested?

Are you using windows as the software raid or something else?
What do you mean by an 'out of stripe disc'?
Also, there have been many occasions where I've had to abandon an OS installation due to heavy virus infection (or in the case of XP just to maintain it's speed) wouldn't you loose the array if you had to reinstall Windows?

Last edited:
Associate
I use a NAS with two 1TB hDD in it. Both are JABOD so I save to the first one then to the other by using "Karens Replicator" FREE. Never Ever had a problem. You loose one HDD and the other can still be used. I HATE any form of RAID.

Soldato
Rroff, I'm quite intrigued. Could you please elaborate for those of us interested?

Are you using windows as the software raid or something else?
What do you mean by an 'out of stripe disc'?
Also, there have been many occasions where I've had to abandon an OS installation due to heavy virus infection (or in the case of XP just to maintain it's speed) wouldn't you loose the array if you had to reinstall Windows?

Anyone else have a clue?

Soldato
Anyone else have a clue?

Windows software RAID is partition level not drive level so you can transplant drives configured as an array into any machine running a modern version of Windows and the array should be picked up, obviously if the software array is created using hardware arrays as opposed to drives it gets more complicated.

Back
Top Bottom