Naturally Aspirated Cars

Associate
OP
Dont want another AWD as my other car is a Honda CRV. This is a car for me to commute in.

I used to have a Mini Cooper which could fit the whole family in.

I do like the Cooper S but don’t want a turbo.

Also I ain’t no mechanic.

Associate
OP
I went down the hot hatch route and most of the cars I sat in were just too small; Ford Fiesta ST, VW Polo Gti, Clio RS, 208 Gti. Don’t want a big saloon as I prefer the 2dr/3dr option. The problem with me is I have more leg than body. I sat in the Gt86 and there was enough room. Also had a Mini Cooper which was roomy.

Associate
OP
After much deliberation and seems most of all you on these forums recommend the new turbo petrols as they are more efficient and have less turbo lag.

So with these recommendations I am slightly swaying away from NA cars.

I have been over all the cars I like and found which best fits my situation and size.

I have narrowed it down to two cars:

Ford Fiesta ST (Mk7)
Mini Cooper S (2014-16)

I have driven the ST and found it to be very quick and I fitted in it.

Never driven a Cooper S although I had a 2012 Cooper D so the fit is fine.

What are your thoughts?

Associate
OP
Manual, surely? Might as well get a turbocharged car if all you're going to do is bang a torque converter auto behind it (unless, of course, you need an automatic for a specific reason).
Well my commute is 15 miles of 75% traffic and 25% foot down and go.

My other car (2018 Honda CrV) has an autobox which had terrible pull away speed being an auto as it isn’t instant, so not sure on an auto.

Associate
OP
I'm Honda fanatic Here. And I Test Drove FIRST CRZ in UK booking it 8 month in advance cause wanted to buy one.
It's so slow id rather have my Fort Transit Diesel i drove at work than CRZ **** its slow :(

My mate from Birmingham owns one cause its economicalish and its hes daily.

CR-Z is fun... When You swap K20 in it :]

Thanks mate for the info I needed.

Associate
OP
To be honest its cracking looking little car..... not bad for a honda.

I don’t want a stupidly fast car cos whats the point, I rather have a car I can fun in afterall I need a bit of exitement driving to work.

When I like a car its that moment you get out if it and look back and think wow thats a nice car.... and its mine.

Both the Honda CRZ and Toyota GT86 are cars I would like to have...... slow....whatever......comfy and quirky.....yes.

Back
Top Bottom