Need a bit of help in regards to SEO/Google

Associate
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this and helping out in any way you can. Running Wordpress and the URL is http://www.japellandson.co.uk

If a client was to search for my business using Google they would naturally search "J A Pell And Son", I would assume. Which is fine, as it finds our site "J. A. Pell & Son" no issues. However the one issue I have is Google shows the 'tags' in it's description incorrectly.

The two tags are meant to be "J. A. Pell & Son" and "J. A. Pell And Son", it removes the .'s out of them both, which bugs me as it's displaying our company brand wrong. When I try to add the .'s back into the slug/tag it Wordpress just removes them again!

Please see images below;

And another small issue; after 12 months of having Instagram Google still don't list our profile on our Google Business section under Google. Even though it's clearly listed in Yoast SEO under social profiles. As you can see it's listed Facebook fine.

Any help much appreciated! :D

Soldato
Have a google for "Yoast Clean Slugs Feature" and see if anything pops up for the full stops, it could also be a character length issue maybe?

As for insta, it maybe worth logging into your google business page and adding it directly there.

Associate
OP
Have a google for "Yoast Clean Slugs Feature" and see if anything pops up for the full stops, it could also be a character length issue maybe?

As for insta, it maybe worth logging into your google business page and adding it directly there.

Thanks for the reply! I'll have a look thanks!

In Google Business there is no option to add it directly, you have to let Google just find it :(

Soldato
Thanks for the reply! I'll have a look thanks!

In Google Business there is no option to add it directly, you have to let Google just find it :(

Well it's visible on the page so even if Yoast was messing up it should still find it.

Not sure if there's anything in here that might help https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/8249613?hl=en

Also, check if you can verify an instagram account, it may not link if it can be verified but isn't.

Soldato
The slug is the part which goes in the URL. Its bad practice to have full stops in a URL so that's why Yoast is changing it. (It says below the box "only containing letters, numbers and hyphens").
That wont have any effect on SEO anyway. You can't search for full stops on google, it's treated as a space. The following search terms are all identical searches if using google:
J. A. Pell & Son
J A Pell & Son
J.A.Pell.&.Son.

Permabanned
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom