Need a bit of help

Soldato
Hey guys, I have a Microsoft X6 keyboard and the keys are getting a bit stiff to press and it's almost getting useless to play games, I don't mind using it for typing.

So I was thinking of picking up a new keyboard, probably a G510. Then I thought why don't I just get a G13. So what's your opinions of the G13 guys? anyone own one?

Soldato
The Logitech G13?

Thats just a little keyboard/ gameboard isn't it.

I would get the G510, it's a great keyboard, especially for gaming!

And to the stiff keys on your X6 Sidewinder, have you tried using an Air Compressor in a can that you can buy from Asda or any pc shop? Use the straw like extension and get in between the keys throw a load of air at it. This should move any debris from in-between the keys and anything else there making the keys stick or become stiff.

Another technique is what I use on my Microsoft Curve 2000, is to first use compressed air, then use ear buds, wipe them on a baby wipe to make the ends damps and then stick the buds in-between the keys to get loads of dirt out. Just don't make the ends of the buds to moist/wet.

Hope this helps!

CinderzFTW

Soldato
OP
Cheers, yeah it's a small little keyboard thing. I've tried all of that with the compressed air, I've taken all of the keys off and cleaned it all. It seems there is a big problem with the membrains moving under the keys.

Soldato
I used one once and its pretty decent. The keys are big enough and raised enough so your fingers don't slip off them like on a laptop keyboard, and the hotkeys down the side are useful in gaming.

Back
Top Bottom