Let them sit in front
I wouldn't with my grand daughters
Until they were teenagers
Bit over cautious perhaps
But I value their safety more
Than I mind putting up with them
Moaning about sitting in the back

You should write haikus.

Ninja edit - just read your bio, fair enough!

Man of Honour
Nissan Pathfinder?

I really wanted to recommend the Pathfinder in this thread though they are relatively few and far between for the good ones as they never really took off here... but like the Navara of that generation they can be affected by the chassis issues and it can be hard work finding out if they have been inspected, treated if necessary and/or should have been recalled, etc. and they would have really benefited from the 3L V6 :(

The 2020 model looks kind of nice in the full trim mind. But after owning a Navara I'm in mixed minds - I think I will probably be leaning towards the VW Touareg in the future - having a hard time finding something that ticks all the boxes for me.

They do have a lot going for them though - the automatic is a dream to drive on the open road/highway (the manual is relatively hard work), the seats on the better trim models are very comfortable, good place to stick a kid in the back with proper isofix points and family friendly features for storage, etc. and can carry a load with ease - you'd hardly know it was there. Though on the negative side road noise tends to penetrate easily and while I can't say for sure with the Pathfinder as I don't have that much experience if it is like my Navara the ride will become quite bouncy when you are getting towards empty on fuel if not carrying a decent load but will feel reasonably planted otherwise.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have ended up with a RAV 4. Slightly different to what I was looking for but it’s prefect for my requirements.

Back
Top Bottom