Need a Gaming Headset - Then look here first

Soldato
They are based on the Takstar Pro 80 headphones, which sell for £65, which are in turn a very good Chinese "version" of the Beyerdynamic DT770.
They will annihilate the ROGs when it comes to sound quality and if you are wanting even better sound quality then you need to be looking at spending considerably more money.

Soldato
You will be looking for a full sized close back next ;)

I thought I'd fish this quote out. I've just managed to pick a pair of barely used Cloud II's up for gaming (£50 for a gunmetal pair!) as my lapel microphone is starting to make me sound like I'm trapped at the bottom of a well.

So I lasted two years before going for a set of closed cups. :D:D

I'll post how I get on in this section, although I like the open sound from my DT990's I will have to see just how the positioning compares.

Soldato
Arrived this morning, postman headed straight for mine so he didn't have to carry it. :D

Bass isn't as strong as the DT990's, although it is good. Mids/High are good, mids especially. Sound isn't as 'airy' (shock) but it does have good positioning for being closed. Microphone is good. Very loud compared to what I had before and nice and clear. I don't like the 7.1 as it seems to make it sound tinny to my ears. Works well for its intended purpose though. :)

Soldato
Hey guys, wondering what headphones to buy around the <£100 mark.

These won't be used daily for gaming, nor do I play competitive games.

Main uses is gaming, music (YT mainly) and anime. Less wires would be nice but I'd also like a way to talk to a friend online while gaming. Having them not leak sound would be awesome but not essential

Currently I have some DJ100 headphones that I hate. They give me a huge headache after like 10 mins, only using them on a very low setting. So they have to go. I've had Sharkoons before but that contained too many wires for my liking.

So what could you recommend?

Associate
I just ordered the Steelseries Arctic 7. They're a wireless headset so I don't have to worry about the cable snagging and feeling restricted in my movement or forgetting to take it off and pulling on the cable as I get up. Probably not the best sound quality, but I'm pretty excited and looking forward to trying them out when they arrive.

Soldato
Didn't really want to start a new thread, so may as well ask here; what physical shop can I buy a 6.35mm to 3.5mm adaptor from? Usually order everything from Amazon but I need it for tomorrow.

Soldato
Morning all

Need some advice, recently I purchased some gen 2 Turtle Beach Stealth 700s for my Xbox and they are great!

I’m now building a gaming pc and wanted to know if I can somehow connect them to the pc? And also enable Atmos for COD Modern Warfare

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Hi,

After a new pair of blue tooth headphones for mainly gaming.

Don't need a mic, if it comes with it be fine, but I have a separate stand alone mic I will use so any integrated mic would just get disabled anyway.

Budget £50-£100 tops.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
How good are USB headsets, I was to replace my old 2 speaker and a mic setup with something 7.1 or atmos based, don’t want rgb or anything like iCue that needs to be installed to support features, I just want something that works out of the box..

Associate
Audeze is releasing Maxwell tomorrow, if they fixed comfort and wireless range it will be the best headset in the market
20221206135204_Audeze-Maxwell-GamingHeadphones-dongles-TWeb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom