Need a headset

Associate
Hi thanks to all the help from forum users I’ve just built my first gaming PC for me and my son. I’m looking to get a decent headset without breaking the bank. I’ve got no ideas in what’s good and what isn’t I’ve been researching but I thought who better to ask for help but the people at Overclockers Forum and I’m also needing a mouse mat I didn’t realise so much to getting a mouse pad.
Sorry my headset budget is roughly £70.

Caporegime
hyper x clouds is the best value for money bar some sennheiser headsets when they are on offer.

sennheiser make hopen headsets which are better for competitive gaming.

hyper x clouds are closed. start at £30 and £50-£70 for newer models.

so well below budget.

cheap doesn't mean rubbish either they are better than most of the gimmicky £150 headsets.

Associate
OP
hyper x clouds is the best value for money bar some sennheiser headsets when they are on offer.

sennheiser make hopen headsets which are better for competitive gaming.

hyper x clouds are closed. start at £30 and £50-£70 for newer models.

so well below budget.

cheap doesn't mean rubbish either they are better than most of the gimmicky £150 headsets.

Thanks for the info I’ll look into the hyper x clouds this evening

Associate
I have bought several (me, my daughter has 2 and recently for xmas I bought my brother one) Hyperx cloud II because for about £75 they are so good. They are comfortable, robust, quality sounds, and work with everything (PS4,PC etc).

A while ago I tried the microphone on mine and it didn't work (which seems to be a common problem across all headsets) - it was out of the warranty (which was about 2 or 3 yrs). I contacted customer services and they sent me a free one immediately in the post whilst out of warranty!!! (the microphones work on all my others)

I also have got a Logitech headset for about the same price and the hyperx is so much better. you may not need all the features of the cloudII so perhaps go for a slightly cheaper one like the Alpha pro.

Back
Top Bottom