Need a legal way of doing this... (moving out)

Soldato
Hello
I need a legal way of moving out. Basically, I have a mate who lives by himself in his house (please don't ask why/reasons), however he is 17. His aunties pay for bills and things, and have overall say of what happens. He wants to rent out a room to me, for £xx/wk. His aunties won't allow it as they believe its illegal. Is there a legal way? If we can find a legal way, I can move out :).

I am 17 myself. Also please no questions about why i am moving out etc/telling me i'm too young :).

Thanks

Bri

Bri

Soldato
How about meeting with aunties (who I am scared of already btw ;)) and offering to pay them for the room.

Makes more sense if they are paying for everything anyway.

Soldato
OP
Bri said:
How about meeting with aunties (who I am scared of already btw ;)) and offering to pay them for the room.

Makes more sense if they are paying for everything anyway.

Lol. I could do that but from what i've heard about them doubt it would help.

I think they've said its ok if i don't pay him, but they actually mean if i don't pay him, not just say i don't pay him. :mad:

Soldato
If both of you are only 17 neither of you will be able to enter into a legally binding contract. I'm not sure how renting works, but I assume this would stop you from coming to a (legal) agreement with his aunties as well.

Again, I express I have no idea how the system works, but is it against the law to just move in with him and slip him some money once in a while? :confused:

Soldato
My little sisters mate moved in with us for a few months when she was 15 - it was fine.

She needed a place to stay, parents said yes - jobs a good 'un.

Even told their school who were fine with it too so I would have thought something would have been said if it was illegal :confused:

Soldato
Kell_ee001 said:
My little sisters mate moved in with us for a few months when she was 15 - it was fine.

She needed a place to stay, parents said yes - jobs a good 'un.

Even told their school who were fine with it too so I would have thought something would have been said if it was illegal :confused:

I think the illegal part is the fact that they would both be under 18, so no legal contracts etc could be signed.

Soldato
messiah khan said:
I think the illegal part is the fact that they would both be under 18, so no legal contracts etc could be signed.

Why do you need a contract to live somewhere? :confused:

Surely if the owners don't mind and don't ask for one, there's no need to have one and therefore legal?

Soldato
Kell_ee001 said:
He's 17 ffs! Kick him out, literally! :p

Seriously though, there may be legal implications but I'm sure a word with CAB will be able to sort it out :)

Yeah, the CAB are deffinately the people to ask. Im sure it can be done, but the aunt/OP's guardians would have to be in complete agreement as well.

Back
Top Bottom