need a mouse mat but do i need a keyboard one

Associate
Hi so fed up with the mouse freezing/jumping with only using it on a note pad. so looking for a mouse mat then my son says to get a full size one for under the keyboard as well, so tell me why I need this and recommend me one as the one he has was around the £50 mark ?
Thanks

Associate
you don't NEED one, but it can look nice to have the mouse and keyboard on a large desk mat. If you rest your wrists on the hard surface of the desk and it causes you discomfort, a padded mat can help alleviate that (in much the same way as a padded keyboard wrist rest does). OCUK do massive desk mats and they're a lot less than £50 (tip : if getting one, get the one with stitched edges).

Associate
OP
you don't NEED one, but it can look nice to have the mouse and keyboard on a large desk mat. If you rest your wrists on the hard surface of the desk and it causes you discomfort, a padded mat can help alleviate that (in much the same way as a padded keyboard wrist rest does). OCUK do massive desk mats and they're a lot less than £50 (tip : if getting one, get the one with stitched edges).
Thanks now you explain it to me I understand so yes I need/want a full size one, off for a look

Associate

This^^

Either this one:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £18.95 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Or this one:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £21.95 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Associate
OP
Associate
OC UK Mega Mat XXL is an almost essential purchase if you have the space for it. I've had mine for years and it's still great and that includes me putting it in the washing machine to breath new life into it and it being totally fine.

V F

V F

Soldato
OC UK Mega Mat XXL is an almost essential purchase if you have the space for it. I've had mine for years and it's still great and that includes me putting it in the washing machine to breath new life into it and it being totally fine.

Yeah, they're lovely. Especially the 3xL. It's not quite as big as my glass table. Imagine an 1800cm mat.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, they're lovely. Especially the 3xL. It's not quite as big as my glass table. Imagine an 1800cm mat.

OOOOOOO don't. I'm looing at my desk and it literally 1800 x 1200 so my 3XL fits it perfectly width wise but an 1800 would perfectly cover my whole desk and I would be in heaven :)

Man of Honour
The OcUK Mega Mats are really very good. I had the much older previous model without the stitched edge and it did eventually start looking tatty as the top layer began lifting at the corners. That was after years of abuse and washing machine treatments mind! I have yet to put my new(er) stitched one in the machine yet, as I've looked after it much better, but from everything I hear they are far more robust.

If you're in the market for one, and find yourself uhhming and ahhhing about which to get, just get the OcUK one. It really is tried and tested and is great value too.

I really notice the difference when working at a desk that isn't mine. You'll never want an unpadded desk again!

V F

V F

Soldato
OOOOOOO don't. I'm looing at my desk and it literally 1800 x 1200 so my 3XL fits it perfectly width wise but an 1800 would perfectly cover my whole desk and I would be in heaven :)

These monster mats are the best. I'd never go back to smaller pads again. All that arm movement. :D

Associate
The OcUK Mega Mats are really very good. I had the much older previous model without the stitched edge and it did eventually start looking tatty as the top layer began lifting at the corners. That was after years of abuse and washing machine treatments mind! I have yet to put my new(er) stitched one in the machine yet, as I've looked after it much better, but from everything I hear they are far more robust.

If you're in the market for one, and find yourself uhhming and ahhhing about which to get, just get the OcUK one. It really is tried and tested and is great value too.

I really notice the difference when working at a desk that isn't mine. You'll never want an unpadded desk again!

Yeah mine is the older one too and I abuse it. I wait until it's pretty manky then chuck it in the washing machine and I'm amazed at how well it stands up to it. Must be one of the best bang for buck things I have ever bought.

Soldato
I have the OcUK XXL premium and love it. I changed my desk almost solely so I had the space for one.

Being able to use the mouse and not just be confined to a tiny mouse mat makes such a huge difference.

Soldato
OCUK 3XL is quality! I’ve got a Gamers Nexus mod mat now but it needs a mouse mat as it isnt smooth. Wasn’t cheap but a yank mate got it for me and their channel is quality. You won’t go wrong with the OCUK one though. Goes though the washing machine well on a cool wash too.

OcUK Staff
Looking at the praise for our mouse mats like:

giphy.gif

Thanks everyone!

Man of Honour
i've got the XXL mat for 7 years now. the edges are starting to fray - hence getting the premium mat for an extra £2 with the stitched edges would be my advice.

Back
Top Bottom