• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need a new graphics card (+mobo if pci-e) for <£200 Please recommend =)

Associate
Hi guys =)

I am fed up of trying to return my faulty 6800GT AGP card to Leadtek as all they do is send me faulty cards in return and wont send me a new card of similar performance ..so I'm just going to have to pay out..

however I wasn't planning to upgrade until dx10 and then was going to get the whole schbang! and do a full system upgrade to something ridiculous! =)

Anyway..Please recommend what I should get for under 200 quid that will run stuff reasonably until then. My Mobo is currently AGP so if you recommend switching to pci-e as part of the price, please also suggest a motherboard.

Many thanks!!

PW

Associate
OP
Ahh of course! Sorry! - It's an Athlon 64 3500

Have ATI sorted driver problems now? or would I need to mess around finding the right version driver that works for me (instead of the latest one being the best to use..like nvidia)?

Cheers!

Man of Honour
I suspected it might be socket 939 but didn't want to just jump in. I think ATI drivers are pretty solid now but I don't use ATI myself currently. I think this would be suitable for you and comes in under the budget.

GX-044-CO Connect3D ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-044-CO)
£114.99 £114.99
MB-002-AK Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 (Socket 939 & Upgradable to AM2) AGP & PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-002-AK)
£37.99 £37.99
Subtotal £152.98
Shipping (City Link Parcel Next Day (Delivered Mon-Fri)) £8.25
VAT £28.22
Total £189.45

Caporegime
if your getting rid of the mobo to support pci-e then go the whole hog and sell your mobo chip and ram.

Get a conroe 6300 and DS3 this will cost 200 then get a gfx card and DDR2 with what you make off the A64 system.

you will be suprised how cost effective to get conroe will be.

Back
Top Bottom