Need a new phone - £500ish

Soldato
My mum's old Samsung phone is starting to give up the ghost and this time we are just going to buy a phone outright and get an EE sim.

Requirements are:

Screen at least 5.5inches +
Minimal bloatware
Good camera that doesnt take an age to take the photo (you have to wait about 3-5 seconds with her current one after pressing the button)

I was just going to get her a 4a 5G like I have which is £540ish but are there any better options for cheaper? Must support Wi-Fi calling but think that is fairly standard now anyway.

Thanks!

Sho

Sho

Soldato
A52s 5G. Got the Mrs one few weeks back. She loves it. You can pick it up for around £350. Look around and you'll pick one up for £300.

Soldato

From my experience, possibly generalising, iPhone is great for these kind of use cases... I think it can also meet your criteria (bloatware doesn't really apply on iPhone, camera is fast on all modern models). The SE is well under budget and probably great, but screen is smaller than your criteria. You could look higher but might not be worth it?

I know some people have objections to Apple phones (I used to be one of them) but honestly if you want something that is low maintenance and easy to use, they are great. Also generally constructed well and there are so many readily available accessories, cases etc.

Back
Top Bottom