Need a New Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi!

I'm doing a bit of marketing work for my company at the moment and I need to have a look at our website as it's currently looking very dated.

We deal in B2B and most work is done via referral but I know having a web presence is still vital so I want to try and freshen things up a bit. It doesn't need to be flashy and complicated, just a simple site with a couple of information pages and a contact form.

I'm happy to put in some design work myself but I know nothing about programming (aside from 15 year old HTML knowledge :D) so I'll be looking at a template/preconfigured host.

Where am I best looking? I've heard good things about the likes of Wordpress but all my previous sites have been for my own photography work so have had completely different needs.

Thanks!

Permabanned
Yes for website design you can try wordpress , get a nice theme from themeforest.net get some touchup and images updated as per your business requirement.
You can get one click wordpress installation and hosting help with WebhostUK if you need hosting service as well.

Associate
http://www.wix.com has a fantastic website creator, free if you use one of their sub-domains (you can use DNS settings on your own nameserver if you have one to redirect it). Though a free account has a small wix.com link on all pages.

I could make you something up, but I'm way too pressed for time, sorry!

Soldato
OP
http://www.wix.com has a fantastic website creator, free if you use one of their sub-domains (you can use DNS settings on your own nameserver if you have one to redirect it). Though a free account has a small wix.com link on all pages.

I could make you something up, but I'm way too pressed for time, sorry!

I've used Wix before for my photography work but was put off by their dire SEO - has it been improved over the last couple of years?

Associate
I've used Wix before for my photography work but was put off by their dire SEO - has it been improved over the last couple of years?

Couldn't tell you - its not something I was concerned with when I was using it a few months ago (it was for a quick portfolio site, I needed to display some stuff nicely, and fast). Sorry! :(

Associate
Unless you want to further your web development skills I would probably just go with a Wordpress setup for you own ease, you can then just concentrate on making it look nice and not worry to much about the backend.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Unless you want to further your web development skills I would probably just go with a Wordpress setup for you own ease, you can then just concentrate on making it look nice and not worry to much about the backend.

Being able to build, configure and customise Wordpress sites IS a web development skill ;)

Associate
Being able to build, configure and customise Wordpress sites IS a web development skill ;)

Oh definitely some people build their whole businesses on it, I was more suggesting that WordPress offers a lot out of the box with very little initial work especially when most hosting companies offer a one click install that gets you up and running in minutes.

Associate
This...

Yes for website design you can try wordpress , get a nice theme from themeforest.net get some touchup and images updated as per your business requirement.
You can get one click wordpress installation and hosting help with WebhostUK if you need hosting service as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom