Need a replacement for my G513

Soldato
My G513 is dying. The LEDS started failing a year or so ago and now some of the switches seem to be failing. Cleaning hasn't helped.

I quite like it other than the switches but don't want to spend loads as intending to replace a lot of stuff when I move house in a few months.

I only use it for PVE FPS/Sim racing/flying and the very ocassional bit of posting/word processing. Don't really care which switches it has.

Does anyone recommend anything around £50? It must be backlit as I game in the dark. I can use any size but might favour a smaller layout this time.

Nice to have:

Mechanical
USB C detachable

Thanks.

Associate
Which switches does it have and what it is you don't like about them?

And do you think you could adjust to a US (ANSI) layout?

If US layout is ok there are some really good cheap options out there, I recently bought a NewMan GM610, which is pretty nice but is currently about twice what I paid for mine. It's also a 60% board which is a bit confined for most uses IMO, I've since ordered a much higher end 75%

The GM326 is still on offer at the moment for a very good price (in white, the black one is a bit more), it's a 75% board with linear (red) switches. Epomaker also make some good budget mechanical boards (including some UK layout), but they start a little over your budget and mostly in beige/weird colours.
(can't link as ocuk don't stock them)

About the only thing I can find on ocuk is this, but it's not mechanical and personally I don't think I'd ever go back given the choice!

Soldato
OP
Which switches does it have and what it is you don't like about them?

And do you think you could adjust to a US (ANSI) layout?

If US layout is ok there are some really good cheap options out there, I recently bought a NewMan GM610, which is pretty nice but is currently about twice what I paid for mine. It's also a 60% board which is a bit confined for most uses IMO, I've since ordered a much higher end 75%

The GM326 is still on offer at the moment for a very good price (in white, the black one is a bit more), it's a 75% board with linear (red) switches. Epomaker also make some good budget mechanical boards (including some UK layout), but they start a little over your budget and mostly in beige/weird colours.
(can't link as ocuk don't stock them)

About the only thing I can find on ocuk is this, but it's not mechanical and personally I don't think I'd ever go back given the choice!
Thanks, will investigate.

Romer G. Probably answers the question. Struggle to hit the keys properly

Back
Top Bottom