Need advice on pc purchase !!

Associate
hi guys need some quick advice...
A guy came into the computer shop i work at wanting to sell his pc, shop owner is going to buy it obviously at a low price as he always does lol but he will sell it to me at quite a ok price i think
Heres where i need your advice
Specs are (not precise bad memory lol)
Intel core i5 8***k 6core
Msi gaming pro plus carbon motherboard
16gb corsair ram
Gigabyte gtx 1050ti
Corsair 650 or 750 powersupply
Corsair rgb cooler
Samsung evo 256 m2 ssd + 1tb hdd
Not sure about the case
Seems like its a great deal, whats your opinions?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Part time as i said for school , dont have to know what every single fn component is worth to fix computers right? Your not helping so why bother commenting??

Soldato
It's your first post and as already mentioned price specs are not really allowed - but your new so you weren't to know... (perhaps edit out the price - and rephrase the question to 'Would this system be good for gaming at 1080p?' - as you effectively have your answer now.)

If it's a K series CPU it will be the 8600K and that combined with the rest of the components make it a tidy little system for the money.

I would confirm the Corsair PSU model, as it could be a few years old. And the GTX 1050Ti is a very capable card @ 1080p but when Xmas comes along i would swap it out for a 1660Ti/RTX2060/RTX2070 or similar as this will boost your gaming experience massively and bring the system bang up to date and the system is worth the expense if you find that you're pushing the 1050Tis limits.

Oh, and learn to overclock if you're buying a K series CPU - the cooler will cope if it's the AIO.

What monitor do you own?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the help and sorry for mistakes... i currently have a ryzen 3 1200 with 8gb ddr4 and 750ti(pos)
Iv that oc a good bit so im feeling safe about that, i probably wont have money for a better gpu since school and all, maybe ill find something oversummer, so ill most likely try get my hands on it :) unless he gets is sold to someone for more

Associate
OP
Yes my bad memory ughh. Has nothing to do with the thread. Also i had pc for maybe 30minutes to test so rather than wasting time memorizing i wanted to make sure it functions

Back
Top Bottom