need advice on witch nvidia gpu

Soldato
right i had enough of my current 4850's not being able to play nfss, even in crossfire, seems games are more optimized for nvidia gpu's now so going to go nvidia next, so which should i get bearing in mind would like it to be copetitive with what im outting(4850's in crossfire)but not way over priced, can you recomend me a decent mid card with decent quiet cooling to go with my system as in my sig
________
extreme q vaporizer

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah, I meant to put capitol A and put it in bold, to highlight one would do, 2 should breeze through :)
Edit: had to edit and retype this, I really cant type tonight, lol

Soldato
OP
well my 5200 is doing 3.0ghz oc stable, no crashing in games,no bsods, crysis runs preety sweet, grid is perfect, so are others, have removed 1 4850 and fps dont change in nfss, was thinkin 260-275 range of nvidia's, anyone know about a decent quiet running one, have edited my sig to show oc.
________
VTX1800C

Last edited:
Associate
GTX275 performs slightly better than a 4890, GTX285 is awesome card if you can afford it.
The GTX260's also perform very well.

Not a bad idea to sell one of the 4850's off now before it falls in price a lot.

Associate
A +1 for a CPU upgrade - your GPUs should easily handle it. Your CPU is a bit low, even if clocked.

To be honest there are as much people complaining that things are optimised for ati as they are nvidia, there's not much in it :)

Soldato
OP
GTX275 performs slightly better than a 4890, GTX285 is awesome card if you can afford it.
The GTX260's also perform very well.

Not a bad idea to sell one of the 4850's off now before it falls in price a lot.

yeah, gonna get rid of both now why i can try and get a fair price for them

A +1 for a CPU upgrade - your GPUs should easily handle it. Your CPU is a bit low, even if clocked.

To be honest there are as much people complaining that things are optimised for ati as they are nvidia, there's not much in it :)

well i dont think its the cpu as crysis plays absolutly fine, but nffs brings it to its knees so to speak, its gotta be that the cpu is struglling with the physx side of things, witch with swapping to nvidia should sort that out, dont wanna splash on a quad if its ati problem
________
buy easy vape vaporizer

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
im happy with 3.0ghz and have ran it at 3.3ghz but wasnt stable, and dont wanna be messing with voltages and stuff, it does 3.0ghz at stock voltage happily
________
XT600E

Last edited:
Associate
Shift (which has only been out a few days) is known to be perfoming a bit weakly on ATI cards (especially x-fire I think) , AMD is aware of the issue and I wouldn't be surprised if they address it in a driver release soon. I'm not sure what (if anything) Phys X has to do with it. I think you'd be hasty to ditch them now, they should take anything you throw at them for a while yet.
By the way, I'm running Shift OK on one 4850 at 1920 *1080, though not at max settings it looks pretty good and it's a lot of fun.

Associate
I would wait until next drivers are out.

i use a 4890 @ 1920 x 1200 all max settings and it does not stress the card that much so you with your cross fire should most deffinately cope.

although i must agree with above(s), i also think its your cpu letting you down.

btw where would you shift your cards if you were to do it?! ebay?
I want to shift mine and get the new 58xx lol

Back
Top Bottom