Need advice - What would you do in this position?

Associate
Hi Guys, long time lurker but decided to sign up to the forums, I need some advice as i know a lot of you have done contracting and wonder what you would do in my position.

I took a 6 month break from my career and decided i wanted to start contracting I got offered two interviews at two big international companies (one being a big car manufacture (Company A) the other being a big insurance company (Company B) the roles are only 2nd / 3rd line support a couple weeks ago.

I got offered a contract at Company B and started this week on £x00 a day come Wednesday i then got offered a contract at Company A (who took a week to get back to me) offering £x40 a day. I then told my agency and Company B then upped my rate to £x50 a day. I then told Company A agency I have to turn down there offer and then got offered £x60 a day - both 6 months contracts.

I now don't know if after a week at Company B i should move to Company A i feel it would be a major tw*tish move to pull on them, they all like me there and settled in well and don't know if the grass would be greener on the other side, however Company A is closer to my home but half the distance and a lot less traffic and it is £10 more a day which is £50 a week or £250 a month - it does add up. I just feel Company A like me and up my rate straight away, i know it would be out of order to move now and if i had both offers on table at same time i would have chosen company A because it is closer to home and a little more money and better shifts (7-3) as appose to (9-530)

what would you guys do, i don't want to feel like the bad guy but feel I would be letting the agency down and the company i started with down to jump ship and don't know if the grass will be greener on the other side.

Soldato
Company A. More money, closer to home.... company B don’t care about you as a person. You are filling a role they need filling - would drop you most likely without a second thought if they didn’t need you.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Who cares about letting the agency down or the company you are leaving. Just think of yourself and whatever is better for you.

Commissario
Who cares about letting the agency down or the company you are leaving. Just think of yourself and whatever is better for you.
True, but you don't want to potentially burn bridges if you should cross paths with any of these people in future. Best to leave on good terms IMO.

Back
Top Bottom