Need decent 46"+ HDTV. Most suck.

Soldato
op the tv you want doesn't exist for your budget. Want blur free gaming buy a 120hz benq gaming monitor. There really is no choice.

yes but that's a true 120HZ monitor.....the panny is ``falsly`` upscaled to 120Hz, for want of a better description.

this is no good, because if the tv cant do it properly it should remain back at 60Hz, because at 60Hz in PC Mode it looks brilliant....most odd !

Soldato
I'm not knocking them for input lag, nor disagreeing that plasma screens are generally better in this regard. LEDs aren't all bad, however. The little Samsung LED I use for gaming comes in at around 18-20ms - pretty much what you have with the ST50 and actually beating other Panasonic plasmas.

My issue with jerkiness was in game mode btw and was with all 30fps content. My real issue was with phosphor lag, though - which every plasma screen I've owned and seen suffers from.

no jerky motion at all at 60Hz.... fact, you might be seeing this due to 30fps content which is very low anyway, it should be 60fps or close to.

phosphor lag only in tv mode, i've never seen anything in game mode; only Image Retention if the contrast is too high.

the ST 50 is far better for gaming than the GT or VT pannys, they're a wee bit too complicated

Soldato
you might be seeing this due to 30fps content which is very low anyway, it should be 60fps or close to.

:) that's what i've been saying in the last 3 posts. I wanted a tv for console gaming, which is usually 30 fps. Some people don't notice or mind phosphor lag btw, which is all good. I do, on the ST50 and every other plasma, regardless of setting and whether game mode is on or off.

Soldato
Just wanted to bump this thread to say thanks to Psycho Sonny on the LED strip recommendation. It's a rubbish pic, but here it is anyway:

9qP0M7j.jpg.png

I went for the 3m 5050 strip with dimmer. I would definitely recommend the dimmer as I think it's too bright at full power. I think I'd prefer a slightly warmer white as the cool white is a little harsh, but the effect is very nice.

Caporegime
look's great, how did you stick it to the tv? my sticky tape wasn't strong enough so i plastered it with cellotape. i think with your warm colour of paint on the walls the cooler white is a better option. i already have a cool wall colour (light grey) and the slight blue tint does come through.

the best thing about the dimmer is the ability to turn it on/off without getting up.

your setup looks great, first movie i watched with the BIAS lighting installed was the hobbit, i take it that is lord of the rings?

Soldato
look's great, how did you stick it to the tv? my sticky tape wasn't strong enough so i plastered it with cellotape. i think with your warm colour of paint on the walls the cooler white is a better option. i already have a cool wall colour (light grey) and the slight blue tint does come through.

the best thing about the dimmer is the ability to turn it on/off without getting up.

your setup looks great, first movie i watched with the BIAS lighting installed was the hobbit, i take it that is lord of the rings?

The sticky tape was strong enough for me. I think it might peel off around the corners as I had to bend it quite severely so I reinforced it with a bit of cellotape.

And yea, that is LOTR, the picture make is look horrible and blue, but that's just the shoddy camera, it looks great :)

Permabanned
anyone know the best place to pick up a 50gt50. looking at JL at the moment but is it cheaper anywhere else.

Soldato
:) that's what i've been saying in the last 3 posts. I wanted a tv for console gaming, which is usually 30 fps. Some people don't notice or mind phosphor lag btw, which is all good. I do, on the ST50 and every other plasma, regardless of setting and whether game mode is on or off.

Have you tried a new samsung plasma? eg. E6500 / E8000 / E8500

Caporegime
The sticky tape was strong enough for me. I think it might peel off around the corners as I had to bend it quite severely so I reinforced it with a bit of cellotape.

And yea, that is LOTR, the picture make is look horrible and blue, but that's just the shoddy camera, it looks great :)

great to see my recommendation has worked out for you, imo for less than £25 it is a no brainer, obviously you can buy proper 6500K kits for £200 from america, but imo this does a great job for 1/8th of the price

Caporegime
that's the cheapest one with no remote control, etc.

i could easily say that the pro model is $379.95 and the Custom Lutron Spacer Infrared On/Off Switch Module is $179.95. those prices also exclude shipping which is extortionate then custom charges on top.

for an equivalent professional setup it would cost £200 imo, i can remotely dim, switch on and off and it covers all edges of the screen, a single tube setup isn't going to offer the same thing.

imo buying a lamp for £15 and then a 6500K bulb for £15 would be better than spending £100 on a single tube ideal lume setup. but that also doesnt work with wall brackets.

Back
Top Bottom