Need dongle for 1 month only (Gaming)

Soldato
Going to be without internet between 26th Nov - 18th Dec. The earliest a sky engineer can get out to fit the phone line apparently. New build flats that are only 4 years old, surely the lines are ready to go...(sigh)

So yea looking for a dongle that I can use for gaming for 1 month only. Any recommendations? I am currently looking at the:

T-MOBILE E3131 Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Dongle - 3 months £29.99 but I do not see any info on the data usage.

or

VODAFONE K3770 Take it Away Mobile Broadband Dongle - One Month Rolling Contract

£4.99 (+£15.00 a month top up, rolling contract)

Thoughts?

Associate
If you've not used 3G for gaming before, make sure you don't have too high expectations. The latency is quite high and often you get disconnected if the connection jumps between 3G, H, H+ etc. I'd say FPS are unplayable, strategy or MMOs are possible but not ideal.

Man of Honour
Stick with singleplayer for 3 weeks IMO - not worth the hassle.
If gaming during the period concerned is THAT important to you (clan matches or whatever), then chances are a dongle connection won't be good enough.

Soldato
Going to be without internet between 26th Nov - 18th Dec. The earliest a sky engineer can get out to fit the phone line apparently. New build flats that are only 4 years old, surely the lines are ready to go...(sigh)

Just so you know who to blame, it's BT's fault not Sky. ;) BT provision the lines and will have to do some exchange work to 'activate' your line. They probably won't even need to attend your actual flat.

Associate
dongles are pretty rubbish for gaming. three are £15/3gig £25/7gig with a ping of 100-150
you could tether your smartphone and get the same kind of connection.

Back
Top Bottom