Need For Speed: Shift Problems

Associate
My brother picked up Shift today for the pc we share. Installed fine, started it up and adjusted settings. We completed the first race and practice laps fine, the game ran nicely. Now the problems begin, after picking the first car for career mode we entered a race, only for the game to crash to the desktop as it was about to start. We tried several times to attempt a race but the games still crashes, not only is it doing this for all the career races but the quick races as well. We've tried altering graphics settings, updating drivers, reinstalling the game.

We decided to install it to the old pc and it works fine, just at horrible detail levels and resolution. We've completed several races and things seem ok, but its a waste of money seeing how we cant enjoy the game to its full. Anybody encountering any similar problems or have any advice?

Soldato
My brother picked up Shift today for the pc we share. Installed fine, started it up and adjusted settings. We completed the first race and practice laps fine, the game ran nicely. Now the problems begin, after picking the first car for career mode we entered a race, only for the game to crash to the desktop as it was about to start. We tried several times to attempt a race but the games still crashes, not only is it doing this for all the career races but the quick races as well. We've tried altering graphics settings, updating drivers, reinstalling the game.

We decided to install it to the old pc and it works fine, just at horrible detail levels and resolution. We've completed several races and things seem ok, but its a waste of money seeing how we cant enjoy the game to its full. Anybody encountering any similar problems or have any advice?

Change your graphics settings and then exit out of the game before starting a race, start the game back up again and it should be ok, worked for me, I had the same problem with it crashing at the beginning of every race and this is the only thing that fixed it.

Soldato
I had to run mine in Windows 98/ME compatability mode with admin rights enabled to get it *not* to hardlock my PC! sucks! not had to do this for any other game, methinks beta testing for this release was horrible.

EDIT - not had a crash since I did this though, and graphics details still look OK but probably not as good as if I wasn't running in compatability mode :p

Back
Top Bottom