Need GCSE Advice BIGTIME

Soldato
Hi guys,

Just got back with my results and yes Im impressed except for 1 subject. I'll tell you about this in a sec.

My results:

Geog C
Art C
Maths C
Science CC
Product Des A
Ict A
R.E: D
Eng BA

You see R.E right there? I realised today when I was sitting in the exam 2 months ago that the idiot next to me copied down my exam number instead of using his own. I have already contacted OCR and awaiting a reply. Basically I think this means he has my results, and I have his.

What should I do?

Im so annoyed I cant put it into words....

Soldato
OP
No I wrote my own down, and he wrote mine down so I would have thought the examiners would have realised. I didnt say anything becuase I thought nothing of it. I thought the exam number was for our whole school until I realised it was for my identification

Soldato
RoachycaL said:
No I wrote my own down, and he wrote mine down so I would have thought the examiners would have realised. I didnt say anything becuase I thought nothing of it. I thought the exam number was for our whole school until I realised it was for my identification

How close was this guy to you? :confused:

Caporegime
without proof and judging by your average marks there, it is not unconcieveable to think a D for RE is a correct mark.

You'll have a hard time to get them to even consider your accusation, should have told them this on the day. Now it is like you are making things up and trying to get a better grade.

Soldato
OP
Ok ok, he was sitting next to me in the exam hall

I dont know if I did crap or not - my m8's all got B's and better and in the Mock exam I got a C, a very high C infact. Even If I did genuinely get a D - what happened to him if he used my exam number?

Caporegime
HMm this would be a monumental administration error and suprised that it wasnt picked up atall. If 2 exam papers have the same number and different name on them.

Dont panic be calm and call your school and explain to them what you think has happened, how you are going to prove it though is another matter.

What did the guy sitting next to you get that copied it? :)

BTW also consider that You messed up but really dont worry about it, it seems like a big deal now but in the grand scheme of things, Unless you want to study theology you will be ok, I promise :O

Soldato
How would they have given him ANY mark for RE if he wrote down your number - as far as they're concerned he didn't take a paper. Meanwhile I would have thought their systems would start to explode at the idea of you taking two papers at the same time... Are you sure it was your unique ID he copied and not just the school number thingy (can't remember whether they have these at GCSE).

fini

Soldato
Another question, what the hell were you doing looking at his paper anyway? I realise it's just the front sheet, but when you take an exam paper your's is the only one you should be looking at. Before the exam starts you should be concentrating on yourself not what other people are doing.

fini

Associate
Meh... you've contacted the exam board... posting this here is going to get you nowhere.

Just wait for them to get back to you?

Soldato
If that is the case then the examination board is going to have two scripts with the same student number on them.
I'd speak to your teachers or examination officer and explain the problem to them as the first thing to do. Then they can represent your query to the exam board.

They'd ba able to get hold of both papers and have you prove which is yours with a quick check of the handwriting I'd imagine. Whether they will or not is a different matter.

As I say, go speak to your school. They'll have more of an impact than you on your own.

Caporegime
STop typing here and call your school and say you would like to dispute the result giving the reason here. You have a case, they can check the papers or results records and make sure the names and numbers add up.

And be cool :D

Back
Top Bottom