Need help buying wireless headset

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking for help buying a new wireless headset, I currently have a Jabra Evolve 65 which I mainly use for work (Office and Work) and occasionally as headphones from iPad whilst traveling. The setup works great as the connection is Bluetooth and uses a tiny dongle in my work PC and connect simultaneously to my phone and iPad... unfortunately the microphone is now playing up and I need to get a new one.

I've been looking for something aimed more at non business use with better audio quality and really struggling to find something that meets the needs above but that also has good microphone quality... the closest I seem to have come is the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless but it's pricey and I can't get answers to the following questions:

- How many simultaneous Bluetooth connections will it support?
- Can it connect to a PC using normal built-in Bluetooth or dongle? I can't carry the huge base station around.
- Does it work normally (audio and microphone) via 3.5mm jack in an emergency?

If you can answer any of the above questions or suggest anything better that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Associate
I can answer the second, yes it can connect to your pc via Bluetooth if needed.

I assume on the third question you mean can it work passively(ie without battery power?) on 3.5mm? I can check this quite easily.

The first question I’m not sure on, as I only have my phone connected via Bluetooth normally.

I can say that it works flawlessly switching automatically between 2.4ghz on my pc/laptop for Teams/Skype/Discord and Bluetooth for phone calls. It also works with the base station plugged into a kvm and switched between 2 pcs depending which I’m using at the time. It was for this that I bought it (1 headset for every use case in my home office) and I’m more than happy with, albeit it’s very pricey and the sound quality is not amazing (perfectly acceptable though for my daily use)

Spotify and discord integrations are nice to haves as well but aren’t essentials by any stretch!

Associate
It's fine, better on 2.4ghz than bluetooth as you'd expect but it's very easy to hear and the mic is quite clear if a little quieter than some other headsets.

Back
Top Bottom