Need help deciding on equipment for weight loss

Caporegime
There are a handful of users on this board who do a form of IF, many even train fasted in the morning (with perhaps some bcaas)

Take a look at the leangains website if you can get past the users posting style.

Soldato
Two words

Intermittent Fasting = IF

While I love a decent breakfast, it isnt needed, whatsoever, that goes for wanting to lose weight as well.

Beaten like a ginger stepchild.

There was another user on her Ben10 or Ben something perhaps, that initially mentioned intermittent fasting, I dismissed it initially and then came around and was probably one of the first on here to actually try it and I was amazed by the results despite not even following it particularly well. (I have a HST & IF journal knocking about from a few years back).

Read the leangains website (particularly the myths debunked), think again, broscience dismissed.

Permabanned
Bros he cant do IF, i do IF and as we have established im fat right?

2013042320524301.jpg

Soldato

So you've read 1 article online that tells you this ****, which goes against all the advice you could possibly get from experienced people on the forums, and then decide it is gospel to preach to others.

ensures that your carbs are time-released

ugoKd.gif

I prefer to eat my carbs wrapped in biodegradable plastic so i get a more reliable time release.

Soldato
So no breakfast and missing meals?

Doesn't this mean that your body goes into starvation mode and actually holds onto your fat stores?

I don't have breakfast. Not unless you can 10g whey, and black coffee with a heaped spoon coconut oil breakfast.

Starvation mode doesn't kick in that quickly. Also carbs? When I want carbs I'll have 100g dextrose in a shake, followed by 100g rice, 100g black pudding with my dinner. Dessert is then half a tesco puff pastry apple pie, and/or doughnuts/ croissants with nutella.

Then again I'm an obese monster. :eek:;)

Nah, I barely weigh a thing and need to eat even more carbs a sitting.
When not having carbs I eat light salads, slathered in OILs, and fats on my meats.

Caporegime
OP
So you've read 1 article online that tells you this ****, which goes against all the advice you could possibly get from experienced people on the forums, and then decide it is gospel to preach to others.

No if you actually read the whole thread you would see that the majority have stated that protein for breakfast was the way to go.

And I'm not preaching to others...I'm just adding to the discussion...I mean really what don't you get?

Caporegime
OP
I don't have breakfast. Not unless you can 10g whey, and black coffee with a heaped spoon coconut oil breakfast.

Starvation mode doesn't kick in that quickly. Also carbs? When I want carbs I'll have 100g dextrose in a shake, followed by 100g rice, 100g black pudding with my dinner. Dessert is then half a tesco puff pastry apple pie, and/or doughnuts/ croissants with nutella.

Then again I'm an obese monster. :eek:;)

Nah, I barely weigh a thing and need to eat even more carbs a sitting.
When not having carbs I eat light salads, slathered in OILs, and fats on my meats.

Having anything in the morning means breaking the fast....Do you have spots? Reason I ask is your diet sounds *****

Caporegime
Having anything in the morning means breaking the fast....Do you have spots? Reason I ask is your diet sounds *****

he most likely has a very high metabolism (hard gainer), nothing wrong with his diet tbh, if it works for him, then nothing wrong with it. or he is on a carb cycling diet, where he only eats carbs for one day in ten.

i suggest you read this thread again from start to finish, all of the info is already in here, you just haven't understood it.

Soldato

Spots as in Acne? I haven't had any on my face for over a decade, and the only time I've gotten others is when they peeled off the tape keeping my shoulder in place. A week of that and there formed a few under it.

Diet is **** apparently, but I'm an extremely lean 67KG at the moment.

Also Psycho is spot on with the carb cycling. I carb load the night before training. Even then I don't have nearly enough carbs on those nights.

I eat extremely low carb during days, meaning trying to aim for no more than 30g functional carbs a day. Which are all gotten through my salads, veg and cheeses.

I have a very high fatty diet, and it's lovely. Then when I finally have a horrible craving for carbs it's time to back load on them anyway. So I get as much as I can in.

Soldato
There are a handful of users on this board who do a form of IF, many even train fasted in the morning (with perhaps some bcaas)

Take a look at the leangains website if you can get past the users posting style.

I.F crewz checking in. I train fasted (unless you count some Xtend beforehand) weekends, but most of the time I train fed due to timing (e.g. lunch at work, train after, dinner pig out).

Btw, www.Rippedbody.jp is much better than the Leangains site for making LG style IF easy to understand, plus Andy is regular with updates of client photos etc. Nice bloke as well.

Back
Top Bottom