• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need help finding GPU replacement fans

Associate
Hi all,

Would you be able to advise on the best route to take when looking to replace your GPU fans.

I have an ASUS GTX 2070 SUPER Dual EVO OC 8192MB with a fan that makes some really annoying noises. Basically sounds like there is something not quite right with the bearing. You can hear it the most when it's spinning up from idle. Sounds a bit as though you were to stick a piece of cardboard in between the spinning blades of a desk fan.. so yea, not healthy. I've checked and even disassembled the card to ensure that there is no debris.

I'm currently struggling to find the right replacement fan for it. As far as I can tell, Asus are not offering replacement parts. I was only able to find this on the internet, but no idea whether that would actually be the right fit:

https://www.gpufanreplacement.com/c...s-gtx-1660-super-rtx-2060-evo-fan-replacement

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Why is it so difficult to find the right fan....

Soldato
think you'll have to remove one and get the make and model number off the fan centre. Google the make and model and should be able to find a replacement of a place like Ali from the OEM.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Great ideas, thanks! I'll have a look to see whether I can get replacements by looking at the model number but deshrouding is a sound idea as well. Didn't even occur to me to do that!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom