Need help.. please!

Associate
Right, so im building this PC, its my first build. Everything in and connected, I turn it on, and all of the fans/lights ect come on, but nothing is displayed on my monitor, no BIOS, nothing. I have an ATI x1800xt video card, and im linking my monitor to it via an analog to dvi connector. I really appreciate any help :)

Permabanned
Try resetting the cmos using the jumpers or removing the battery and putting it in again.

Is the 4 pin power connector plugged in?
Are there any beeps?
Try using 1 stick of ram at a time and in different slots.

Associate
OP
There is no beep, but the audio cables arent in. The lights on the mobo and video card are on, the cpu fan comes on, but still no display.

Sorry for double post.

Permabanned
Whats the spec?
Try removing everything and just use the essentials (ram,cpu and gfx card).

For the beeps the internal speaker has to be plugged in to the 4 pins on the mobo (like the power and reset switch).

EDIT: is the power connector for the graphics card plugged in if it needs it.

Last edited:
Associate
What PSU/RAM/Motherboard have you got? Ensure you have the power cable going into the graphics card. make sure you remove any metal studs in your case which do not line up with the motherboard mounts as they can cause a short.

Permabanned
Have you tried what we said above?

Usually when a pc does this it's a motherboard/cpu problem. If you remove everything not needed it might work then you can find the fault by process of elimination.
I mean everything (mouse, usb devices, keyboard etc), I had a computer not boot because of a faulty keyboard.

Soldato
Check your motherboards manual. There should be a jumper that you move on the board the will reset the CMOS.

I had this problem when I built my rig - my GFX card wasnt seated properly. Are you positive yours is seated correctly?

SiriusB

Associate
OP
SiriusB said:
Check your motherboards manual. There should be a jumper that you move on the board the will reset the CMOS.

I had this problem when I built my rig - my GFX card wasnt seated properly. Are you positive yours is seated correctly?

SiriusB
I just reseated it and its fine. Tried resetting CMOS, but still no joy :(

Back
Top Bottom