Need help to find a suitable PC

Associate
Hi, I have been looking for a new gaming PC for a while but I'm kind of at a loss. I am not too knowledgeable about the specs and such. I am looking for a PC to run games like League of Legends, Guild wars 2, Sims etc without any fps issues. My current PC drops to about 2 fps when playing GW2 which is not ideal (its is a very old computer).
I have had advice from a couple of people who mentioned that I'd be better getting the parts and building it myself (money wise). However I'm not too sure about that as I've never build a PC before and it's a lot of money to spend for me to then mess it up.
My budget would be around £1000, preferably less ideally around £700-£850, but if need be I'm willing to spend a little more if it's better quality and will provide a notable difference in the game play.
Any advise is welcome :)

State your current components to see if we can reuse anything you currently have. You might be able to save a bit of your budget by keeping your case/psu etc.

I don't think any of it is salvageable, I bought the computer about 7 years ago pretty much for the sole purpose of homework. I bought a prebuilt one from PC World so I couldn't tell you what components it has. I had thought about trying to upgrade this one but it has a pretty small case (around 30cm by 10 cm). I do know that it doesn't have a graphics card. To be honest it still works ok as long as its not doing anything too complicated so I had thought about keeping it around for college work. It just can't handle the games.
Do you think it's unlikely for me to be able to purchase a good gaming computer with my budget?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Gaming Cobalt Overclocked Gaming PC - Intel Core i3 8350K @ 4.7GHz = £990.91
    • Case:Phanteks Eclipse P300 Glass Midi Tower Case - Black
    • Memory:Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G30
    • Graphics Card:Palit GeForce GTX 1050Ti StormX 4096MB PCI-Express GDDR5 Graphics Card
    • Solid State Drive (Primary):Unwanted
    • Solid State Drive (Secondary):Unwanted
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit DVD - OEM (MS-KW9-00139)
    • Security Software:Bullguard Anti-Virus 2017 - 1 PC 1 Year **Offer Price**
    • Lighting:Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Magnetic RGB LED Strip - 30cm
    • Wireless Networking:Unwanted
    • Storage Drive:Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
Total: £1,005.01 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

thank you :) that looks good, is the bullguard antivirus optional? I bought a subscription for my current computer and i can still use this subscription on another device. Also do I not need an SSD?

Yeah, unless you've got buckets of time to waste waiting, you need an SSD. 120G minumim. 250G recommended. Windows and basic stuff installed will eat around 50-60G, more when windows is updating.
I'd just use the built in antivirus and use gmail and adblockerpro and common sense to shield you from malware.
Try using what ExoMale came up with as a template and swap out bits to meet your needs. If your SSD is big enough for your needs then you can get away without a HDD.

i selected an sshdd, so its got lots of storage and some ssd like potential, going through the configuration it seemed the best solution to get you going, it was already like over £800 before you even configure as well so was also price to take in to account on how much stuff adds on, it is pre-selected with slow 2400mhz ram which is fine for older gen, but you need faster on coffeelake from what i keep reading and 16gb seemed the only 3000mhz option that cheap.

Back
Top Bottom